What features do you want the most in 8.2?

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
WP8.0 meets my needs as is, so I can't really think of anything major to add with 8.2.

For me, I simply want some of the (undesirable) changes from 8.1 un-done:

- bring back agenda view for the calendar.
- bring back the beautiful photos hub.
- pull all the games out of the app list and shove them back into the games hub where they belong.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I want features that should have been there in the first place, like:
  • Volume control for the alarm clock
  • Data toggle in the action center
  • Home button as notification light

kataria

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
The games in the store would became free ( those especially which are free in android )
the action centre should have more tags (there are only 4)
The phone become butter like again as it was with Windows 8 now it lags a little bit in windows 8.1
Battery is drained faster in windows 8.1
There should be a swipe from both sides left and right
There should be Live wallpapers
Games should be back in the game hub
The calendar should show indian festivals too
There should be an app like YouTube to browse videos (but better than YouTube from where we can download the videos too) already installed.

NickNick43

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Interactive and replyable toast notifications are number 1. Separate volume for alarm for sure. I did like the hubs from previous os' versions all the way back to7.5. But hey I just cane from lowly bb10 where each of these were built in features

NickNick43

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I think Cortana could be improved by adding certain parts as notifications. Unless I open her how do I know that there's been a traffic incident and I need an alternate route/etc

DarthMengon

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
One question: Has anybody of you actually entered our checked your ideas/wishes in the official user voice page for WP? at a first glance I couldn't find many of the here mentioned things...

poppo101

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Since switching to Windows Phone from Android there are some things that I have found lacking in Windows Phone 8.1.

1) A backup that actually works instead of failing at 96-98%. I know some people have gotten it to work by jumping thru some hoops. This should work out of the box. I am also reading that a restore does not restore everything back to the way it was. Having worked with computers for the past 40 years, this is unacceptable. Android has plenty of backup programs that actually work. Even the built-in backup and restore work without jumping thru hoops.

2) OTG support for connecting an external USB drive.

3) One I mentioned previously in this thread - A sorted list of the ringtones. Trying to find a particular ringtone is a pain. Right now it is random. It would be nice to see it alphabetically. Also separated into ringtones, notification tones,...

4) A Windows type file explorer that sees all of the files automatically without having to add this and that to the file manager. I want to be able to see my files and folders immediately and not have to tell the file manager that I want to see my photos, oh now I want to see my music folders but I need to add them to the file manager etc. I just want to be able to click on the file manager icon and bang, all of my files and folders show up without having to do anything.

Marco Ciccone

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I found 5 threads on WP User Voice for new features that could help WP to gain traction against Android. I started 3 of them and I hope all of you would appreciate these features so feel free to vote them!
I would like to see these features in WP 8.2 or WP 9, whatever they call it...

1. Updated Bing Maps with turn-by-turn navigation with voice and public transport. Microsoft has access to HERE data so why can't we have a single app for maps, navigation and public transport?? This is the link in WP user voice:
https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/6384277-public-transport-and-turn-by-turn-voice-navigati
2. Document attachment in email
https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/2282574-enable-document-attachment-in-emails
3. File Picker is limited and cannot access OneDrive and other cloud storages. File picker should open the Files app or other file managers in order to be really powerful, like PCs. If I choose a file, a file manager will be opened.
https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/6395088-file-picker-should-open-a-file-manager-to-be-a-rea
4. Health Hub: Bing Health and Fitness and Healthvault should be fused in order to have a real, unique, health hub
https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/6161914-health-hub-needed
5. Timeline view in photo hub, like in storyteller app. One app for everything...
https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/6350909-timeline-view-in-pictures-hub

I think that with those features WP will be like have a PC in our hand (except for the storyteller view in photo hub, this is just for pleasure).
What do you think?

jargonz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Here's one more feature I want:

• Live tile for Microsoft Outlook/Exchange tasks (in addition to the Calendar live tile) -- The Outlook tasks live tile should show the pending tasks. Tapping the live tile should launch the Calendar app and go directly to the list of tasks.

pahutakz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
able to lock tiles in start menu so that it will not edited accidentally.

able to turn off capacitive lights even you are not in saver mode and watching movies.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
-Old photo hub
-Old lock screen ( I had customized wallpapers, they don't "fit" anymore, its a mess now)
-Android like toggles in AC (swiping left/right)
-Get Lumia updates through DP right away and not wait for carriers to "test" it..
More than anything else I want to move chat history from WhatsApp from one device to another (w/o SD - I don't have it). This probably has nothing to do with MS and apps can backup its data to OneDrive now. It's just WhatsApp too slow not giving this option to us

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
-Old photo hub

I want all hubs back. Actually, the photos app is the only one I like more then before, I'd still like to access all photo related apps like before. A compromise between old hub and new 'all photos' page that opens right away would be great. I never clicked anything but 'albums' before, so that page was useless.

I want bing vision to have a separate launcher, because it's very hard to launch it since Cortana took place on the search button. I just want to quickly scan my barcodes...

Steven Dekker

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Here's my list. Using my Lumia 720

- 3G(data) button in quick menu (scroll down)
- Improved quick menu (now it still leads me to the setting menu when i try to turn of wifi)
- Interactive/separated notifications
- more tile sizes
- Customizable life information.
- App menu sorting options (favorites, abc, apptype)
- Group tiles
- More custimizable lockscreen (quick reply on messages)
- IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE
- Scrolling option for photo options (the bubbles on the left)
- NO "RESUMING" APPS ANYMORE WHEN GOING BACK TO APPS
Hate when this happens.. when im planning train trips, surfing internet, or sending Messages..

- Onedrive music player.

Thats all i could come up with right now.. those will make it WAY better

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923