Do you people want android apps on windows phone?

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
it is written that there is a maintenance going on at that uservoice website...

I am not able to vote on this suggestion now. And when I search for it in the suggestions page, it does not show up. Do you guys think someone at Microsoft removed this suggestion from the listing???

At the time of my writing this the suggestion had 6444 votes (in 21 hours). So I would say the suggestion became popular quite quick and that a majority of people do not like Android apps on Windows Phone.

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Developers aren't developing... Then how does WP app store count grow... Magic?
Yes magic spot on (smartass), stop acting like every single developer has plans for WP because they don't, a LOT of these apps haven't gotten an update in months or even years, and a lot of developers have just stopped supporting WP

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

whether you like it or not, smartphones are nothing but apps. The moment you turn it on, all those tiles are apps. Even the basic stuffs like phone or text messaging or web browser. Without those apps, your phone is just an expensive paperweight.

cheers!

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
whether you like it or not, smartphones are nothing but apps. The moment you turn it on, all those tiles are apps. Even the basic stuffs like phone or text messaging or web browser. Without those apps, your phone is just an expensive paperweight.

cheers!

LMAO! Even non-smartphones come with the "basic" stuff, so I guess dumb phones = apps too?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't say what I want at this point. What I don't want is a device with some kind of BS internal battle for what it can access on my phone. For example android software wanting access to the keyboard and or calendar but Microsoft restricting it and I'm left with a crippled up, gimped, feeble experience. Smooth on the outside and grimy android on the inside. This is the battle to come as I see it.

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
LMAO! Even non-smartphones come with the "basic" stuff, so I guess dumb phones = apps too?
I don't know why you are laughing but basically yes. The word app is not limited to that stuff you download from your phone. It refers to any kind of program with purpose. It's just that today's smartphones are more advanced and you have the option to install and uninstall those apps by yourself.

apps.jpg

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why you are laughing but basically yes. The word app is not limited to that stuff you download from your phone. It refers to any kind of program with purpose. It's just that today's smartphones are more advanced and you have the option to install and uninstall those apps by yourself.

View attachment 72047

You have to understand that everyone in this thread including myself is talking about apps from the store and not Applications built into the OS, like I said I could care less about apps

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
You have to understand that everyone in this thread including myself is talking about apps from the store and not Applications built into the OS, like I said I could care less about apps

I know. If you "could care less about apps" why are you discussing it then?

I don't have that much app too. Even on my old android phone. But the apps that matter to me either don't exist on WinStore or in useless beta version.

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I know. If you "could care less about apps" why are you discussing it then?

I don't have that much app too. Even on my old android phone. But the apps that matter to me either don't exist on WinStore or in useless beta version.
I was discussing the lack of support from developers, you're the one who brought up the "smartphones = apps" thing

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I was discussing the lack of support from developers, you're the one who brought up the "smartphones = apps" thing

You got it all wrong. It"s Microsoft not giving support to developers. Why would developers not support Windows phone? It's a bigtime money making business.

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why you are "disagreeing" but everything you just mentioned are also apps. Built-in apps.

The ealier conversation revolved around the lack of apps in the ecosystem. Because those apps are readily available (and built in) across all platforms. In the context of that conversation "smartphone = apps" I thought you were referring to the extended apps not built into all platforms, since it was about the app gap.

Disagreement on any level set aside, my point is that 3rd party apps are important, but in a different and lesser way than we might be tempted to think.

Blake Seaman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
You got it all wrong. It"s Microsoft not giving support to developers. Why would developers not support Windows phone? It's a bigtime money making business.

Dev's don't want Windows Phone because for many, it is not a money making business. At least that's what they think. The problem for Microsoft is that even in worlds where profits are predictable high, I have found that most Dev's don't even think WP exists.

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Dev's don't want Windows Phone because for many, it is not a money making business. At least that's what they think. The problem for Microsoft is that even in worlds where profits are predictable high, I have found that most Dev's don't even think WP exists.

If Microsoft wants to join the apps race, it's their call. There's so much they can do to attract devs.

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
If Microsoft wants to join the apps race, it's their call. There's so much they can do to attract devs.
Devs don't want to develop because there isn't enough market share and there isn't enough market share because there isn't enough apps, don't you see the cycle?

eugie

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Because most Android developers are already retired or died..but their great apps still remain forever. But in windows phone store, once the developers retired or died their all great apps will also disappear at windows phone or windows store.
Android apps remain forever but windows phone and windows apps always disappear one by one.

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
About my "smartphone=apps" remarks, I was just responding to the person who said he doesn't care about apps when apps is what make any phones operate either built-in or not. He could have just said he doesn't care if there's less apps in the store as the ones he needs are already built-in to his device.

Anyway, apologies for disrupting this discussion.

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
About my "smartphone=apps" remarks, I was just responding to the person who said he doesn't care about apps when apps is what make any phones operate either built-in or not. He could have just said he doesn't care if there's less apps in the store as the ones he needs are already built-in to his device.

Anyway, apologies for disrupting this discussion.
But this thread was about Android apps on WP, that should of been clear enough

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
what really cheeses me off is the fact that a lot of devs stick to one or two platforms only instead of a true cross platform causing people to get frustrated when choosing a phone
my own upcoming app is gonna be truly cross platform across BB10,WP,ios and android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss