Do you people want android apps on windows phone?

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Android on windows phone in any form (virtual machine/ apps/ kernel) is the thing which we have heard lately in leaks. I don't think it is a good idea, this means Microsoft is giving up on windows and windows developers... this is very bad move....
There is a windows phone uservoice suggestion here
We do NOT want Android apps on WP – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

People who agree to this should vote here.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Android on windows phone in any form (virtual machine/ apps/ kernel) is the thing which we have heard lately in leaks. I don't think it is a good idea, this means Microsoft is giving up on windows and windows developers... this is very bad move....
There is a windows phone uservoice suggestion here
We do NOT want Android apps on WP – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

People who agree to this should vote here.

Again like most things on this site this is just a pure rumour. Why would Microsoft be spending millions bringing threshold (which is confirmed) to make it easier to have an app on windows and win phone and get developers interested in the platform, then spend millions on getting android apps working on both as (and I'm no developer) surely they would have to have a work around for it to work and some apps wouldn't work on some devices like android now. Just think your worrying about nothing tbh

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Honestly if it gets people to stop whining and complaining about the lack of apps, I don't think it even matters, and I doubt the Windows store will be on the same level as the play store any time soon (or ever), with all these developers refusing to support or release apps for this platform, so why not? Lets see what happens

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
evleaks has said android device with lumia name is on the way, tom warren said that nokia x is the long game of microsoft, paul thurrot also talked on this matter and today there was an article on this matter...

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Blackberry has also this option .....so?
How's that working out for them? No one is making BlackBerry apps now so they are on their way to being essentially, an Android app launcher. Running virtualized Android apps is not very elegant. Try doing it with Bluestacks, on a Windows PC. Brutal. So we'd have creepy virtualization and even fewer native apps. That would be the "Kin" of Windows Phone.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My angle, ignoring personal feelings is that letting in Android apps unbridled would result in a split UX that puts Windows 8 to shame. Many Android apps do not adhere to Modern design. It will be a train wreck.

However, games could be given a pass, since they often don't adhere to any design. I think Android games would be an interesting idea. BUT I'm scared of MS doing it just because of the heyday the media and individuals pushing anti-MS agendas would have and the people who listen to them. If it looks bad, the PR cost could destroy all they have worked for.

Not doing it means nobody complains, nobody has ammo other than the age old app gap reputation that Windows Phone may never shake anyway.

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Android apps on Windows Phone would be an ugly capitulation | Ars Technica

Concluding paragraph:
"One thing is clear: Google wants its platform everywhere. At I/O it announced that it would be bringing Android apps to Chrome OS, letting Android developers target not just phones and tablets, but also laptops and desktops. Even if Microsoft gives up on its desire to encroach on what has become Google's territory—the smartphone—Google shows no signs of giving up its efforts to take a piece out of Microsoft's. With Google offering competitors to all of Microsoft's major desktop software, Microsoft's support of Android looks like an increasingly risky proposition: it strengthens Google's platform, while weakening Microsoft's own. Giving up Windows on the phone is one thing; making Android and Chrome OS a viable competitor on the corporate desktop is quite another."

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Honestly if it gets people to stop whining and complaining about the lack of apps, I don't think it even matters, and I doubt the Windows store will be on the same level as the play store any time soon (or ever), with all these developers refusing to support or release apps for this platform, so why not? Lets see what happens

Its a terrible idea and if its the case why does ms not spend billions and get iphone apps on there as well. If ms do put android apps on there they just as well give up as it will over run windows and wp. I for one if they do put them on there I'm out of here apple come take my money as I cant have a phone that will probably get a virus or even 1000's of just total s*#t apps on it.

anon(8860722)

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I love windows phone, for its uniqueness and because it is windows phone, If I need android apps I would buy and so would anyone I think, will buy an android phone...
Nokia x aosp is okay, but mixing it with windows phone will not be good.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My oppinion - bad idea, don't do it, I don't want it.
What are those apps from android you need anyway? I have almost every app I need.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
My oppinion - bad idea, don't do it, I don't want it.
What are those apps from android you need anyway? I have almost every app I need.
I think it'd be cheaper for them to simply email all their devs "**** you lol" for the same effect.

For me, the only apps I want are Xbox Music and Video as well as Skype. When they arrive on WP I'd be happy. The real apps, not the shadows that beat their names.

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
We just need fair treatment when apps are released, especially major brand apps for companys and businesses. People just release apps for iPhone and Android devices. We also need windows support. Man that market is so shallow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3