Do we still need to use the Nokia Software Removal Tool for Denmin update?

Jack Trobaugh

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank God the wait is almost over. Verizon is pushy out the much anticipated Denim update to its Lumia devices. Finally, my Icon will be complete (not that it already didn't kick ****)
Anyway, do we still need to use the Nokia Software Removal Tool to role our phones back in order to get the update. I remember that during the roll out of cyan there was that BitLocker bug, but I thought they had fixed that.
Anyone know if we need to do this for the upcoming Denim update?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
No need (and it is now Lumia software recovery tool) . Some people however noticed that if they disabled (signed of in the PD app) their DP enrollment the update came. But others got the update when enrolled in DP.

Jack Trobaugh

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Cool. Thanks for the reply. Now all I have to do is wait for the update. Crazy that were going straight to Denim. I thought Verizon would take forever releasing Denim after Cyan. I'm not sure why Verizon decided not to tell everyone that was the plan. A lot of people have been outraged about this time delay. I'm sure if Verizon had published their plans to take everyone straight to Denim it would have quelled a little of that anger.