[Guide] Installing WP 8.1 Update 2 on Lumia Devices**

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I may give this another try when I have lots of time. Went to bed at 0230am last night with no change. It would not install the update, no matter what I tried.
I even tried two different sdcards.

djeire84, I am not flashing a rom. Just trying to get the update. RumoredNow and Pankaj already determined that flashing a rom will not work on the RM-983 from ATT.

For now Pankaj may change the OP to "Any Nokia Lumia running OS version 8.10.14219 or higher and micro sdcard...except for people who live in Dayton Ohio"

Oh ok. Its just that I did it that way as per Pankaj's instructions on my own topic post on how to get update 2. I thought it would help you to get it.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Its stuck trying to detect a windows phone connected to the computer......

You have to disable windows driver signing in order to enable the Lumia flash tools software. To do this go to Start, type cmd, right click run as admin.
Type in bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS press enter
then type in bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON press enter

To switch off type in the first line again and hit enter then type this in bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF hit enter.
To find out if you have left testing on in the bottom right hand side you will see a watermark that reads
Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7601

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You have to disable windows driver signing in order to enable the Lumia flash tools software. To do this go to Start, type cmd, right click run as admin.
Type in bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS press enter
then type in bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON press enter

To switch off type in the first line again and hit enter then type this in bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF hit enter.
To find out if you have left testing on in the bottom right hand side you will see a watermark that reads
Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7601
I forgot to mention too restart your pc after u have disabled driver signing.

I don't think one needs to go through this but they can try. If the tool cannot recognize the phone or recognize and not developer unlock then that tells me that they need to be enrolled as a developer w/ MS, I am unsure on this one too.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't think one needs to go through this but they can try. If the tool cannot recognize the phone or recognize and not developer unlock then that tells me that they need to be enrolled as a developer w/ MS, I am unsure on this one too.

The way I dev unlocked my phone was this: Used SDK tools lite, opened windows phone developer registration, connected my phone, hit register, it asked me for my windows live email and password, put it in and within a nano second it said your phone is registered and successfully dev unlocked. I'd suggest to everyone who is having this issue to use Windows Phone recovery tool and flash a downgraded version of windows phone and start from the beginning.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Successfully Updated my 620 IN CV

Managed to update my 620 through this method. Thankyou Pankaj.
First Reset is a mandatory. Without resetting dont go for registry edit.
First i do like that. Didn't reset the phone. Just went for registry edit and give the values. Checked for Updates - Shows your phone is uptodate.
Then again reset my device. went for registry edit again. Check for updates. After 15-20 min it shows an update is ready to download.
So far so good. No lags, nor no issues found.
wp_ss_20150605_0001.pngView attachment 105870wp_ss_20150605_0004.png
Can i know which Phone's Registry are we giving to get the Update, Pankaj.
Is it BLU WIN HD..?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150605_0003.png
    wp_ss_20150605_0003.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Managed to update my 620 through this method. Thankyou Pankaj.
First Reset is a mandatory. Without resetting dont go for registry edit.
First i do like that. Didn't reset the phone. Just went for registry edit and give the values. Checked for Updates - Shows your phone is uptodate.
Then again reset my device. went for registry edit again. Check for updates. After 15-20 min it shows an update is ready to download.
So far so good. No lags, nor no issues found.
View attachment 105869View attachment 105870View attachment 105871

Well done mate. Welcome to update 2. I know its early days but have you noticed much of a change? Pankaj is a genius ain't he!! So happy for you.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Can i know which Phone's Registry are we giving to get the Update, Pankaj.
Is it BLU WIN HD..?

To start with, please remove the picture with your phone's IMEI.

Its a manufacturer from Russia named HighScreen. BTW if you read carefully, I'm not the one who came up with this idea, I just put up the refined guide. Please thank @grozaman in the thread linked in the description.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
To start with, please remove the picture with your phone's IMEI.

Its a manufacturer from Russia named HighScreen. BTW if you read carefully, I'm not the one who came up with this idea, I just put up the refined guide. Please thank @grozaman in the thread linked in the description.

I know he came up with the idea but it was geared more towards Samsung users, the steps aren't the same for us Lumia people. You really helped alot of us.

EL620

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Followed the guide to the letter, but after making the registry changes i got stuck with 'Checking for updates' for a very long time.
I'm doing this on my Lumia 822 and thought this wouldn't work, until i got a notification saying an update was pending.
If that goes well, i'll post back with screenshots.

Success installing update 2

Screenshots

wp_ss_20150605_0001.pngwp_ss_20150605_0002.pngwp_ss_20150605_0003.pngwp_ss_20150605_0004.pngwp_ss_20150605_0006.pngwp_ss_20150605_0007.pngwp_ss_20150605_0010.pngwp_ss_20150605_0011.png

Last edited:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Followed the guide to the letter, but after making the registry changes i got stuck with 'Checking for updates' for a very long time.
I'm doing this on my Lumia 822 and thought this wouldn't work, until i got a notification saying an update was pending.
If that goes well, i'll post back with screenshots.

Cool fingers crossed for u buddy 😆..

UNIX based

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Would updating the SDK fix the problem. If it hardware related I'll see as I had to reset my computers bios. Got to wait for the cmos battery run out of power first and then plug in the computer or go off on a timer. Idk how long it will take.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Would updating the SDK fix the problem. If it hardware related I'll see as I had to reset my computers bios. Got to wait for the cmos battery run out of power first and then plug in the computer or go off on a timer. Idk how long it will take.

Shortcut...remove the battery and unplug from power (off course) then press the power button for 30 seconds, it resets depletes the stray charge quickly.

UNIX based

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Shortcut...remove the battery and unplug from power (off course) then press the power button for 30 seconds, it resets depletes the stray charge quickly.

Thanks but I just took everything off the motherboard and reset CMOS. I took off the heat sink so I had to put some more paste on it. The myth about toothpaste not working well is not true. I cleaned the dust,put some toothpaste on the CPU and took off some expansion port covers for more airflow and it feels like an air condition on my feet. This is a desktop btw. Now all I need is some more Ram and a gpu and this thing will run better then my duo laptop. I really hope this works soon because I am really thinking about putting Linux on the old machine. Will wine work? Nevermind I just remembered in have a spare drive so I'll try again a put windows on their.

Last edited:

ubejd

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
well thanks guys, it worked on my lumia 1520 , i had to check for the update for 30 mins but i did in the end.
even thought i really hate to restore everything and start from the beginning i did it ...
best regards from me

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Welcome me guys to the club... 😋

Well I must want to share that 1st hard reset in mandatory to get GDR2, otherwise you don't get it even after registry hack...
4beff3790b7b3b6bc0fb56b170d53217.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss