[Guide] Installing WP 8.1 Update 2 on Lumia Devices**

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
No more update 2 available with Insider App after Build 10136.
Phone will be directly updated to Windows 10 TP.
In all Devices. With all WP8.1 Builds 14219,14226,14234.

Now only way to get Update 2 is with this Registry Hack method.

Luke Jordan

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I can't get it work guys :( I do hard reset, deleted all apps from SD and phone storage, deployed the CustomWPSystem, change registry, but no update ! :/ I have L630 Vodafone CZE distribution, can you help me? or I need to change some more registry?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
No more update 2 available with Insider App after Build 10136.
Phone will be directly updated to Windows 10 TP.
In all Devices. With all WP8.1 Builds 14219,14226,14234.

Now only way to get Update 2 is with this Registry Hack method.
Are you certain about this?

I can't get it work guys :( I do hard reset, deleted all apps from SD and phone storage, deployed the CustomWPSystem, change registry, but no update ! :/ I have L630 Vodafone CZE distribution, can you help me? or I need to change some more registry?

Are you OS version 14219 or above to begin with?

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
R1 , R2 branch has no connection with GDR2 update. Since you are on Lumia denim, you will get the GDR 2 update directly via windows insider app. Just select fast ring in insider app and check for updates, when it find the update then check the details of the update for confirmation whether it is update 2 or not and make sure after downloading the update uninstall the insider app and uncheck the check box of "Automatically download the updates if available"

That is no longer correct. 10136 no longer requires Update 2.

binnyandrews

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
@pankaj981- Great job. I have used this method to get the Update 2 and it works great.

Though i have not tried it, but there seems to be an easy way to get the registry keys done (with out installing the CustomPFD_0003.xap & CustomWPSystem_0500.xap) with the help of an app called "Root Tool". After installing and following the developer instructions , use the "For All Windows Device" options where you can read write to these keys.
Can some one try this method and confirm.

Please note - I am just point it but the credits goes to the app developer.

Himalay Chauhan

May 15, 2015
Visit site
When I click on Apply XAP as your mentioned on step 12, CustomWPSystem app gets crashed. Any solution ?

Update#1 : Almost done with everything!
But stuck at Registry Editing! After writing the value when I click on Write button, nothing happens. And after that when I click on Save option it gives me an error "File not saved "

Please help me out with this!

Update#2 : Done with Registry Editing! :D

Now checking for updates...

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
@pankaj981- Great job. I have used this method to get the Update 2 and it works great.

Though i have not tried it, but there seems to be an easy way to get the registry keys done (with out installing the CustomPFD_0003.xap & CustomWPSystem_0500.xap) with the help of an app called "Root Tool". After installing and following the developer instructions , use the "For All Windows Device" options where you can read write to these keys.

Do you have a link to this tool? Is it this one? http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/root-tool/f4acc009-ea1e-4063-9bab-fec50195aa1e

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Did u try installing update 2?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb