**I wonder will there be an update for Update 2?**

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I read on the forum that the 930 is getting an update on update 2 with some changelogs. Which got me thinking will there be an update for Update 2? Also when is the next firmware release for Lumia phones. It feels like Denim is it like firmware updates have come to a full stop. Nothing to get excited about. I remember when I had Amber and getting geared up for Cyan. I feel the buzz is gone away.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If you're asking this for the 520 then don't expect anything till Windows 10 starts right, other newer phones might still get newer firmware with official Update 2.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
If you're asking this for the 520 then don't expect anything till Windows 10 starts right, other newer phones might still get newer firmware with official Update 2.

I suppose so. But like because we have update 2 flashed on the phone wont there be a firmware update for our flashed version??

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
My understanding is that the Lumia 640/XL came pre-installed with Update 2, but is currently getting updates as bug fixes for issues. Don't know what those issues are at this point, can't remember.

It could be that updates will be made available for those devices that are officially getting Update 2 at some point, but would still be subject to carrier approval.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
But I have a ROM designed to fool the update into thinking its another device so like would it still get the update?

Not sure that's something you will even want to do. Thing is, the updates are targeting specific bugs for specific models. Those are bugs caused by a certain hardware combination on those particular models, so the update would not necessarily be desirable for the 520.

Hey! You just got the Update 2 with Denim! Can't you just be happy for 3 days? ;)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Not sure that's something you will even want to do. Thing is, the updates are targeting specific bugs for specific models. Those are bugs caused by a certain hardware combination on those particular models, so the update would not necessarily be desirable for the 520.

Hey! You just got the Update 2 with Denim! Can't you just be happy for 3 days? ;)

I'm happy don't get me wrong. I'm missing the excitement of having firmware updates down the track. Its really just the firmware aspect im looking for. It's like its gone cold. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon