06-26-2014 09:21 AM
119 1234 ...
tools
    really good article on switching all you stuffs from gmail to Outlook
    12-16-2012 12:13 AM
    How do you get that modern looking Calendar? My calendar still looks like hotmail-era...
    12-16-2012 12:27 AM
    How do you get that modern looking Calendar? My calendar still looks like hotmail-era...
    The calendar hasn't yet been updated to the new look. Supposed to be coming "soon".
    12-16-2012 02:15 AM
    Microsoft still didn't visually update the calendar yet. Still waiting on that refresh too.
    sullibr01 likes this.
    12-16-2012 02:16 AM
    please tell me how to import gmail accounts in Outlook.com but with conntact picture
    every of my conntact have picture and if i do it this way picture are lost
    please help
    thanks
    12-16-2012 04:38 AM
    I'm not a professional, but I would hope some one could double check my suggestions, Microsoft Accounts (outlook or hotmail) provide a way to link your contacts from other providers like facebook, linkedIn and Google, so you can link your Google contacts to your Microsoft account then that's it! then on your phone you just connect to you Microsoft account and it will show all of your Google contacts with out having the need to move or loose anything.
    I tried this about a month a go and it worked but i removed it since i didn't need it, but now I think i'll have to do it again.
    12-16-2012 06:13 AM
    I'm not a professional, but I would hope some one could double check my suggestions, Microsoft Accounts (outlook or hotmail) provide a way to link your contacts from other providers like facebook, linkedIn and Google, so you can link your Google contacts to your Microsoft account then that's it! then on your phone you just connect to you Microsoft account and it will show all of your Google contacts with out having the need to move or loose anything.
    I tried this about a month a go and it worked but i removed it since i didn't need it, but now I think i'll have to do it again.
    It's called trueswitch, and it works FLAWLESSLY. It imports contacts, calendar, etc and automatically emails all of your contacts to notify them of the change, and gives the option to forward all your email to the new account for 90 days. I did it last night.
    12-16-2012 06:21 AM
    Loving the tips. I just synced my mail and contacts so now I am Gmail free! It appears I was already using Outlook for my calendars, Go figure lol.
    12-16-2012 06:27 AM
    I'm wanting to get rid of my gmail because google killed EAS
    I have all my contacts , calendar and email in google
    I have Lumia 920
    I have my M$ account tied to my google account
    I have an outlook.com account
    I apparently have a hotmail account that came with my M$ account, (my phone says so) but I don't know how this works or even what the address is.

Questions:
    How to change my M$ account to JUST be tied to outlook.com? No more Gmail or hotmail. I'm trying to simplify here.
    What's the best way to get my contacts, calendar, and email from Gmail to Outlook.com? I'm not convinced the CSV way is a good idea for contacts since you lose images. Does trueswitch do images?
    12-16-2012 07:35 AM
    One other bit not included in that tutorial I wish to add is if you happen to have an Xbox with an Xbox Live account. When you first set up your console and create a "Windows Live ID", you may have created an ID and subsequent Gamertag that is associated with another email address from a different provider, which the Windows Live ID system allows you to do. If you are someone who is fully throwing in your lot with Microsoft, doing all the stuff in Jakeeeee's tutorial and wish to change your Gamertag and Xbox Live account over as well, here's what you must do:

*You must first have created an Outlook/Live/Hotmail account which you already have if you have a Windows Phone. If you don't have one, create an account at http://signup.live.com

*Fire up your Xbox 360 and sign into your Xbox Live account.

*Go to "Settings", then go to "Account."

*Scroll right to Your Information and select "Account Security"

*Select "Change Windows Live ID" and go thru the steps.

**Notes:

* When you change your Microsoft account, your Microsoft Points are automatically transferred to the new Microsoft account.

* You can make only one Microsoft account change for a given gamertag every 30 days.

* You must also wait 30 days after your gamertag is downloaded from Xbox LIVE before you can switch that gamertag to a different Microsoft account. If 30 days have not passed since the gamertag was downloaded, youll get an error message.

* Before you can change the Microsoft account associated with a child account, you must provide the Microsoft account information for the adult account that has parental control.

* You can choose to require input of your Microsoft account password to sign in to Xbox LIVE. For more information on how to do this, see Password-protect your Xbox LIVE profile.

If you happen to see this Jakeeeee, you might add the Xbox as another section, especially if they make this a sticky eh :)
    Jake_M likes this.
    12-16-2012 07:54 AM
    Is there any way to have gchat contacts show up in messenger? If not, then there's no true way to switch over completely...
    12-16-2012 11:02 AM
    Only thing keeping me from canceling my gmail account is the fact that I use Google Calendar and have a calendar shared with my girlfriend who has an Android phone. I've looked into it: it doesn't seem like you can add calendars other than Gmail calendars on Android.

Anyone got a solution for this?
    Use an outlook and a gmail calender? Just means creating appointments twice on the phone if you create them that way.

I think that's what i'm going to have to do also because it won't let me rename my account for some reason. So the only option I have is using an alias for outlook emails and still using my gmail account which is tied to my microsoft accounts.
    12-16-2012 12:35 PM
    Sorry, but I am a wee bit perplexed...

I want to unlink my Gmail account to this phone, does this mean I have to do a hard reset on my phone also?
    Can this be done in the settings section of the phone? Or should I do the volume down+power etc?
    12-16-2012 01:07 PM
    Right now I log in to my Windows account with my gmail and pw. I want to change the login from my Gmail to one of my newly created Outlook.com aliases am I able to do that?
    12-16-2012 01:09 PM
    Good Job, Bro!
    12-16-2012 01:11 PM
    i would love to switch from gmail to outlook.com but until Microsoft gets rid of the "sent on behalf of XXX" and adds the ability to put a different name on the e mails, i have to reluctantly use gmail.... my microsoft account user name is my work e mail but i use my personal e mail to send from and all e mails sent from live.com or windows phone will say sent on behalf of "my work email account.. hotmail, etc"... not very professional and on my personal e mail i don't want my work e mail to show up... if i change my microsoft account to my personal e mail, then all my windows phone settings, xbox live, etc gets wiped and i start all over.... any suggestions?
    12-16-2012 01:23 PM
    One other bit not included in that tutorial I wish to add is if you happen to have an Xbox with an Xbox Live account. When you first set up your console and create a "Windows Live ID", you may have created an ID and subsequent Gamertag that is associated with another email address from a different provider, which the Windows Live ID system allows you to do. If you are someone who is fully throwing in your lot with Microsoft, doing all the stuff in Jakeeeee's tutorial and wish to change your Gamertag and Xbox Live account over as well, here's what you must do:
    By doing that will I bet transferring purchase history for Windows Phone also?

I don't mind setting up my phone completely again but need to keep all my paid for apps.
    12-16-2012 01:44 PM
    i would love to switch from gmail to outlook.com but until Microsoft gets rid of the "sent on behalf of XXX" and adds the ability to put a different name on the e mails, i have to reluctantly use gmail.... my microsoft account user name is my work e mail but i use my personal e mail to send from and all e mails sent from live.com or windows phone will say sent on behalf of "my work email account.. hotmail, etc"... not very professional and on my personal e mail i don't want my work e mail to show up... if i change my microsoft account to my personal e mail, then all my windows phone settings, xbox live, etc gets wiped and i start all over.... any suggestions?
    You don't loose your xbox live avatar or achievements.
    WP8 includes a backup app that can save most of your settings to skydrive and later restore them.
    You might loose your progress in games, but it depends on the game.

Regarding your issue with outlook.com, maybe this can help you.
    12-16-2012 01:52 PM
    By doing that will I bet transferring purchase history for Windows Phone also?

I don't mind setting up my phone completely again but need to keep all my paid for apps.
    Man you've asked a difficult question there and the answer is YES.
    I say difficult because I can't walk you thru it, I don't know how I did it because it took alot of digging around in settings menus and stuff to get this to work. Look here,
    I first got my Windows Live account when I got my first Xbox, which was the black "Elite" when it came out. At that time, my Windows Live ID was an @gmail address. Despite searching alot fairly recently for articles on how to switch one Live ID to another, I couldn't find a way to do it and keep EVERYTHING (as in both Phone purchases AND all the Xbox stuff like my Gamertag and accompanying achievements.) Instead, I did find a way to do it myself.

I went to live.com and created a spanking new account with an @live.com email address. The next part that I can't remember is if it's the old ID or new one I logged in to and played with the options until I found a way to give the old account the new log in, and that results in a complete account shift. It is NOT adding an alias. Once this was all said and done I did have to reset my phone and re-download my apps, no big deal really. At any rate, I apologize that I can't be of more use, but it's going to take a little of your time to just play with the options and settings in your accounts. Like I said, I successfully transfered all account related 'everything' to the new login which is the new @live address I created and there's not a trace of the previous gmail involvement anywhere, because it was somewhere in the settings that the login ID is where you make the change.

Good luck man.
    12-16-2012 02:34 PM
    I can't stress enough, though, that you really SHOULD establish your Microsoft account under the outlook.com domain if you plan to use Windows 8. I've been with Windows 8 since the Developer Preview. Originally, I had a Hotmail account BUT I used my own domain as the actually account name. I own my own servers, so I didn't want to have a bunch of email addresses. I discovered through the Developer Preview, Consumer Preview, Release Preview AND the final version of Windows 8 that Microsoft simply does NOT handle a simple POP3 domain address very well at all when it's used as the Microsoft account. Even after choosing the upgrade option to move my Hotmail account to Outlook account (which changed nothing as far as my email address and account info). Windows 8 just didn't like it very well (intermittent emails). So, I bit the bullet and logged into Outlook.com and RENAMED my account. This allowed me to choose a new address in the Outlook.com domain but keep everything that my account had IN it (contacts, email, SkyDrive, etc.). I simply made sure I added back in my original domain email address and changed it to my default in the Outlook.com settings. Of course, I DID have to hard reset my Windows Phone to use the new Outlook.com address as the login. Similarly, I had to now log into my Windows 8 devices and Zune and Xbox to use the new domain, but all my purchases, etc., flowed right along with me. I lost nothing, other than having to jump into windowsphone.com and go back over my purchase history and check the boxes for all the items I wanted to reinstall. Everything moves very solidly now, regardless of my device.
    uswebworx likes this.
    12-16-2012 03:41 PM
    "I can't stress enough, though, that you really SHOULD establish your Microsoft account under the outlook.com domain if you plan to use Windows 8. I've been with Windows 8 since the Developer Preview. Originally, I had a Hotmail account BUT I used my own domain as the actually account name. I own my own servers, so I didn't want to have a bunch of email addresses. I discovered through the Developer Preview, Consumer Preview, Release Preview AND the final version of Windows 8 that Microsoft simply does NOT handle a simple POP3 domain address very well at all when it's used as the Microsoft account. Even after choosing the upgrade option to move my Hotmail account to Outlook account (which changed nothing as far as my email address and account info). Windows 8 just didn't like it very well (intermittent emails). So, I bit the bullet and logged into Outlook.com and RENAMED my account. This allowed me to choose a new address in the Outlook.com domain but keep everything that my account had IN it (contacts, email, SkyDrive, etc.). I simply made sure I added back in my original domain email address and changed it to my default in the Outlook.com settings. Of course, I DID have to hard reset my Windows Phone to use the new Outlook.com address as the login. Similarly, I had to now log into my Windows 8 devices and Zune and Xbox to use the new domain, but all my purchases, etc., flowed right along with me. I lost nothing, other than having to jump into windowsphone.com and go back over my purchase history and check the boxes for all the items I wanted to reinstall. Everything moves very solidly now, regardless of my device."

My question for you is how did you rename your account? Right now I log onto my Microsoft account with my @gmail address...I just to keep my current account but use @outlook as my log in
    12-16-2012 03:51 PM
    Its not allowing me to rename mine :|
    12-16-2012 03:58 PM
    Thanks a ton for this! I'm sure I could have figured this out eventually, but this nice little guide made it that much quicker and easier! I am not weaned off of Google save for YouTube and my Nexus 7 until a 7" RT tablet gets released
    12-16-2012 04:33 PM
    I also wanted to grab all my old gmail mail messages from 2004 to today. I'm using a combination of send-and-receive account to slowly get all the old messages and forwarding from gmail to get the new messages. I've had to check on the account a few times and kick it to restart. I also ran into an issue where the contacts would fail to import into outlook after exported from gmail. No detail in the error. I got around that by using outlook desktop application to import the gmail csv w/o issue and then re-exporting to be imported to outlook.com
    12-16-2012 08:30 PM
    from the outlook.com help forums

Mary Grace A. replied on December 15, 2012

Forum Moderator
    In reply to WilliamSDR post on December 14, 2012

Hi,

Please be advised that rename feature is currently not available. The Engineering team is aware of the problem and working to fix it. At this time, we dont have a date when the feature will be restored. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks.

Fantastic, Ill be renaming mine as soon as its back up
    12-17-2012 12:20 AM
119 1234 ...