[How-to] Switch COMPLETELY from Gmail to Outlook/Live.com

Dex Da Rex

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
It says when I try to create a send and receive account under Outlook that POP needs to be enabled in Gmail. I enabled it and it is still asking me to do so.

izzy1981

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
This is my first post here and i need some informations/help .
I opend up new outlook.com email address , and i wanted to forward my yahoo mail to outlook.com. I set everything up in yahoo and the new mails are being forwarded to outlook.com but there is a problem. Every time i get forwarded mail in outlook.com inbox i also get this massage: "Be careful! This sender failed our fraud detection checks."
Massage alone doesn't bother me that much but because of that massage i don't get push mail in my phone. So i don't know if i have new mail or not.
Every time my forwarded mail gets flaged with that massage push mail is disabled and not working for that massage.
when i send myself email from yahoo to outlook i don't get this. But when i enable forwarding in yahoo mail i get that massage and that mail is not pushed to my phone from outlook.com.
Does anyone experienced same issues??

ps. Sorry for my bad English

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com. Please click here to sign out of your Office 365 account, then use another Microsoft account to sign in to Outlook.com (for example, your hotmail.com, live.com, or msn.com account).

Any ideas anyone? I never even signed up for an Office 365 account to my recollection. What the heck's going on?

Last edited:

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Does this work with Hotmail as well? I just did everything mentioned in the OP, and I completely closed my whole Google account, but i'm afraid to restart my phone and not have my contacts there.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
You should be solid then. If you lose your contacts, you'll have them all and you may just need to re-import them into Hotmail/Outlook once if they're not immediately there.

Worked like a charm! Thanks, Jake!
I realized I don't have my YouTube account anymore. Can I create a new YouTube account without making a new Google account? I had so many subscriptions and even though I unlinked my YouTube account from my Google account, it still asks for an email address, the one that I just deleted!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Worked like a charm! Thanks, Jake!
I realized I don't have my YouTube account anymore. Can I create a new YouTube account without making a new Google account? I had so many subscriptions and even though I unlinked my YouTube account from my Google account, it still asks for an email address, the one that I just deleted!
No, since Google owns YouTube, one cannot have a YouTube account without having a Google account.

pokexpress

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've been wanting to switch from my Gmail account to Outlook.com due to my recent purchase of a 920. However, is there any way of importing the filters and labels at all? Also, is it possible to make the messages that have been sorted into folders to be shown under inbox as well? I don't want to look into different folders when reading my messages, but I want to be able to find certain messages quickly when needed.

Might never make the jump if these aren't resolved. I love the labels function on Gmail as it allows me to know what's in my inbox at a glance. :(

Thanks!

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
i see...so upgrading to Outlook won't affect my messenger contacts? (i already integrated it with Skype)
From what I read, it should directly upgrade. Messenger is being deprecated but as you said you already integrated it with Skype.

This guy had success with his Hotmail: http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-microsoft-news-discussion/208638-4.htm#post1908875 so I'm assuming it'll work for you as well.

If you want to be absolutely sure, I'd check out that link but upgrading to Outlook is going to retain all your current information as a Hotmail account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss