The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-22-2014 06:42 AM
110 1234 ...
tools
    none of the above step worked for me
    09-07-2013 04:48 AM
    none of the above step worked for me
    if you're a Lumia user tweet @nokiahelps they will definitely sort it out for you.
    09-07-2013 11:09 AM
    I'm a little mystified by this! to be fair, I retired my 920 after 4 months of frustration this past april and have been using my blackberry z10 in the time since. I have, on just a couple occasions, fired up my 920 for grins and to update the apps. as mentioned above and as many of you already know, I've ended up going through individual apps and updating that way.

if nokia is aware of this problem, if it's ongoing, why hasn't a correction been explored, released? seems likely it's impacting more than a few folks and, major os update notwithstanding, some sort of update might be worthwhile. not everyone has the time or energy to spend sorting this stuff out. granted, I've given up on the 920 but, for me, this is just another log on the fire.
    09-09-2013 09:52 AM
    It's not a Nokia issue. I have the same problem on my HTC 8X. None of the tricks mentioned earlier in the thread work for me. I just have to reply on knowing there's an app to be updated or having the Store app occasionally let me know.
    09-09-2013 10:09 AM
    A tried a new method that worked for me:
    1. Unpin store from start screen.
    2. Delete IE history.
    3. Soft-reset and manually set data and time.
    4. Add a new keyboard(you don't need to install it) - you will see that the phone is looking for "updates" in the Update section; wait it ends.
    5. Turn off and turn on the phone.
    6. Pin back your store tile.

Wait at least a day and try to keep your Wi-Fi always on.
    09-10-2013 08:57 AM
    Okay guys Nokia care tweeted me that if you have more than 1 phone linked to the same live id.
    The problem may occur
    So log into windows phone store and delete the extra phone.
    It will take 2-3 days but this thing actually works.
    Worked for me.
    I got 13 app updates today.
    Holy crap I just removed 5 phones haha, I hope this helps with anything on my phone now.

edit: yup, just got 2 updates after a restart!
    WeiXun and pmartineau like this.
    09-13-2013 10:38 PM
    vote here if you want a "Check for update" button in the store.... (I want one) More number of votes may catch the eyes of MS.
    09-14-2013 02:39 AM
    Okay guys Nokia care tweeted me that if you have more than 1 phone linked to the same live id.
    The problem may occur
    Worked for me.
    I don't get updates even If I have one phone attached with my MS account.
    pmartineau likes this.
    09-14-2013 02:40 AM
    Heres a quick guide on problems you might experience with being notified about app updates.

If you think you have a problem with app update notifications, there are some steps to go through that hopefully will get your update notifications working again. The key to this is a little patience dont try all the fixes in one go, and be prepared to wait a few hours to see if things improve.

How things should work
    The Store app on your phone has a live tile if you pin it to your start screen then it is intended that the tile displays the number of app updates available to you. This process works just fine for a lot of people, but some do seem to have problems with the reliability of these updates. Exactly why is a subject clouded in mystery and speculation. There doesnt seem to be a single magic cure. Fortunately there are some steps you can take to get things up and running again.

Firstly, a little expectation setting app update notifications are not immediate. Just because you see an article about your favourite app getting updated, it may take hours before your Store tile shows that an update is available. In my experience, the Store live tile updates about once every 24 hours.

How do you know you might have a problem?
    So, you've seen a news item on WPCentral that your favourite app got an update this morning. But your Store tile pinned to your start screen doesn't show any app updates pending. If youve not had a notification after A Reasonable Time (or, like me, youre just impatient http://cdn-forums.wpcentral.com/imag...ral20/wink.png) then go to the apps page in the store and see if it shows the update button. Just because it does (and it invariably will) it doesn't mean that you have a problem. In truth the only way you will know is if the app was updated more than 24 hours ago (check the date in the store). If the date of last update is not today then you should work through each of the following steps to see which (if any - there are no guarantees that any of these will sort your problem) get your notifications going again.

Check you have push notifications enabled in Find My Phone
    Go to settings > find my phone and tick Send apps to my phone using push notifications (not SMS). Restart your phone.
    If you already have push notifications switched on, try switching it off (untick the box), restarting your phone and then switching it back on again.

Re-pin the Store live tile
    Remove the Store live tile from your home screen. Restart your phone and then add the live tile back to your home screen

Re-pin the Store live tile and clear your IE history

This is a variation on the previous - as well as removing the Store live tile, clear your IE history by opening IE and selecting settings > delete history. Then soft-restart your phone (power off and then power on whilst holding the volume down key down) and add the live tile back.

Try using cellular data only
    Some people have reported better reliability of push notifications over cellular data connections. If you spend a lot of time on wifi this can be worth checking out.

Disable your wifi connection (settings > WiFi > WiFi networking > slide to off) and restart your phone. An extra step that might help this to work is to ensure that you a) have a good cellular signal and b) a working data connection after turning off wifi and before restarting your phone. A quick browse of www.wpcentral.com will do the trick for the latter!

If this does work for you, its possible that something related to the wifi connection is blocking the notification channel if this is the case then you may find that other notifications become more reliable as well.

Help us to help you
    Did one of these methods get your notifications going again? Have you managed to sort out this problem using another method? If so, please post here so we can all help each other out!
    Not working after last update HTC 8X !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-16-2013 03:00 AM
    I had this issue after swapping from a 920 to a 925. As there was stuff above about the notifications in the find my phone settings I thought I would have a look at the find my phone section on the windowsphone website.
    The phone number in the entry for my new phone seemed to have automatically picked up the leading zero of the number, but inserted it into the international format number (ie if my number was 071234123456, the international format should be +4471234123456 - but the site had it as +4401234123456). It also popped up a box asking for permission to send find my phone and phone store notifications.
    So I corrected the number and removed the extra zero. All working now...
    wphone.jpg
    agd87 and Pieter Wolff like this.
    09-16-2013 08:43 AM
    A tried a new method that worked for me:
    1. Unpin store from start screen.
    2. Delete IE history.
    3. Soft-reset and manually set data and time.
    4. Add a new keyboard(you don't need to install it) - you will see that the phone is looking for "updates" in the Update section; wait it ends.
    5. Turn off and turn on the phone.
    6. Pin back your store tile.

Wait at least a day and try to keep your Wi-Fi always on.
    Awesome bro!! this worked wonders to me!!. my store showed me updates after 8 months for the first time. thx!!
    09-23-2013 12:03 PM
    Awesome bro!! this worked wonders to me!!. my store showed me updates after 8 months for the first time. thx!!
    Same here...Finally a solution that worked..Great!!
    fantakk likes this.
    09-26-2013 01:51 AM
    I had this issue after swapping from a 920 to a 925. As there was stuff above about the notifications in the find my phone settings I thought I would have a look at the find my phone section on the windowsphone website.
    The phone number in the entry for my new phone seemed to have automatically picked up the leading zero of the number, but inserted it into the international format number (ie if my number was 071234123456, the international format should be +4471234123456 - but the site had it as +4401234123456). It also popped up a box asking for permission to send find my phone and phone store notifications.
    So I corrected the number and removed the extra zero. All working now...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wphone.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	43372
    This seems to have worked. Thank you!
    pmartineau likes this.
    09-26-2013 01:08 PM
    Same here...Finally a solution that worked..Great!!
    I'm glad for you :)
    Pieter Wolff likes this.
    09-26-2013 03:02 PM
    I had this problem for the first time recently, and the fix for me was this:

1. Unpin Store tile
    2. Clear IE history
    3. Soft-reset (Hold Power/Vol. Down until it restarts)
    4. Check store after restart and had 10 updates.
    5. Re-pin tile

Not sure what exactly is getting stuck/broken and why it seems slightly different for so many people, but I hope this helps someone.

Edit: It's been weeks since I did this and it is still working fine for me.
    Last edited by fwaits; 10-30-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    10-04-2013 11:22 AM
    All these fixes seems not permanent, they work only once or twise, and after that no notifications again and if you trying them again, no use...
    Last time I've get app updates notifications back by uninstalling Skype and making soft-reset, but 1 day later FB app suggested me to update it, so there were no notifications again, and there were no skype to uninstall to try it again:(...
    MS should work out real permanent fix, not those, which are not really a fixes:(
    BTW I do not have checkbox in "Find my phone" settings sectiuon for sendidng notifications in my Lumia 620 (bought from Germany sim free), and there is also no checkbox about automatic time and date setting...
    I have GDR2 and Amber installed ("Lumia System Updater" app helps to get system apps updates), if you can not get the notifications in store tile...
    Last edited by stomms; 10-11-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    10-06-2013 10:16 AM
    Was going to buy 925, but with such a bugs- never, MS fix it!...
    Rakeshlumia likes this.
    10-11-2013 01:31 PM
    i have tried all but still store not showing updates...
    10-11-2013 11:12 PM
    The problem may occur
    Worked for me.
    Wow 90 update on my store tile! :)

My 920 turn to a brick a few mounts ago. ATT gave me a new (no refurbish) 920. I did not notice I had 2 phone register to same live id. The first phone was given back to ATT.

My first phone was receiving update notification almost every day. My second phone was receiving update notification for a few weeks and stop receiving notification. I was hopping GDR2 would fix the issue...Anyway,

1. deleted one phone from my account. Be careful to delete old phone. :) In WP8 settings->about you can see the name of your phone.
    2. clear the history on IE
    3. I also uncheck and check WP8 setting->find my phone->"Send apps to my phone..."
    4. soft reset my phone (Volume down + power until the phone vibe)

I now have 90 updates on the store tile :)

I hope this will fix the problem for ever.

I wish I had try only one solution at the time to nail the good one, but I was exciting and try a few at the same time.

PS : Could this fix all the notifications and tile update problems?

Thank you all for those solution!
    10-24-2013 12:52 PM
    That's stupid, what if I have two phones?
    10-24-2013 02:00 PM
    That's stupid, what if I have two phones?
    While removing an account as mentioned above may work in some situations, I agree it's not a true fix. There is still an issue then likely on the back end that should be addressed. File a support issue with MS on it and see what comes of it.
    10-24-2013 02:11 PM
    i was getting update notifications on the store tile up until a few days ago on my gdr3 920, all of a sudden, i didnt get any, assuming there were just no updates, but when i saw an update to whatsapp mentioned on here, and went to it manually in store, it had the update button, but i was never notified. - i also wish there was a 'my apps' section in the store, so you can see what you bought!
    10-25-2013 05:34 AM
    Same problem here, not getting notified about updated on the live tile.. been like 3 days like that, didn't noticed until I read today that days ago there was an update to SongArc and the live tile didn't notified me, neither about SongArc or any other app
    10-26-2013 03:50 AM
    Still not geting anything on my Store tile... Tryed all fixes, what was possible to find in internet, some of them work once, and that's it... Stupid bug, MS do something!!!!
    10-26-2013 04:00 AM
    Ok, I am posting my issue here. After Amber Update, I have stopped getting App Updates. So I went to the Store and searched for WhatsApp and HERE Maps, 2 apps I knew had updates and my Store Live Tile and the app got updated with those 2 links. I am not sure what the problem is...
    10-28-2013 01:09 PM
110 1234 ...