Help! I'm not getting notified about app updates!

nvukelic

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
OMG! After 4 weeks of this problem, I can report that I've just got 17 updates through.

Here's what I did...
  1. Unpinned Store Live Tile
  2. Cleared IE History
  3. Unticked Settings > FindMyPhone > Send apps to my phone....
  4. Unticked Settings > PhoneUpdate> Automatically download updates....
  5. Standard Powered Down
  6. Took Battery out for 2 minutes.
  7. Battery Back In
  8. Powered Up
  9. Waited until it was connected to WiFi
  10. Loaded Store
  11. BOOM! 17 Updates now downloading...
  12. Added Store Live Tile

I'm using Nokia 820 - GDR3 (yes three) and for the record, the update problem started BEFORE the GDR3 was installed.

This actually did,work! But, let's see if it is going to last. I have rechecked both items under Find my phone menu, hope that's not gonna interfere...

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have this same problem (again) on my 920, tried everything said here and the problem is still there. It have been two weeks like that.

I'm running GDR3 Preview!

Any thoughts about this?

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
After trying all the tricks mentioned in this thread I am now receiving my updates on a regular basis. I have no idea which one did the trick but all has been going well now for over 2 weeks.....

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I am sick of MS not being able to get even the simple things like App Updates done right on WP; and I am sick of trying to find a workaround for every damn issue.
App updates don't work, artist art does not update, etc...

/end of rant

Rafael Baudelaire

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
A tried a new method that worked for me:
1. Unpin store from start screen.
2. Delete IE history.
3. Soft-reset and manually set data and time.
4. Add a new keyboard(you don't need to install it) - you will see that the phone is looking for "updates" in the Update section; wait it ends.
5. Turn off and turn on the phone.
6. Pin back your store tile.

Wait at least a day and try to keep your Wi-Fi always on.

ITS WORK !!! OMG !!! THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!:love:

But, as remove that update from keyboard ? :shocked:

Last edited:

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Unpin your store tile & clear your history in internet Explorer settings then soft reset ,
After restart phone again delete history in internet Explorer settings & pin your store tile & wait for 24-48 hours with good internet ( may be its 3G or WiFi),
I think that will solved your query.

khader_moham

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

khader_moham

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh that,
I used the app' time me 'since Lumia phones don't a have a proper live tile of their own, but the app fails to work properly
I meant to delete it

Johan____

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
The one that worked for me:

From another thread:
"
You have change date on your phone to **.**.2011, restart the phone and than quickly manually change date and time to correct position and that turn the auto mode! Go back to the main screen, all updates will be shown!
It works with all firmwares! BTW your phone will check for updates same time everyday when you made this operation!"
This worked for me too!

fkiehner

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
A tried a new method that worked for me:
1. Unpin store from start screen.
2. Delete IE history.
3. Soft-reset and manually set data and time.
4. Add a new keyboard(you don't need to install it) - you will see that the phone is looking for "updates" in the Update section; wait it ends.
5. Turn off and turn on the phone.
6. Pin back your store tile.

Wait at least a day and try to keep your Wi-Fi always on.

I tried this method and 5 minutes later I got notified about 32 updates. Thanks.

chuba1

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
"You have change date on your phone to **.**.2011, restart the phone and than quickly manually change date and time to correct position and that turn the auto mode! Go back to the main screen, all updates will be shown!"

INCREDIBLE!! This worked! Just set the date to 8.1.2011, restarted. Set the date back to today's. Immediately, store shows 22 updates!
I tried everything before (adding keyboard, clearing IE cache, unpinning and re-pinning, you name it), nothing worked. This did! I am excited! :)

[edit 1: BTW, I had WiFi switched off during that procedure. Don't know whether that's relevant.]
[edit 2: I also had made sure recently that push notifications work again. (They had stopped working.) I did this by opening all apps at least once (some were never opened) and setting "live tiles" to "on" or "off" ("off" whereever possible). I also uninstalled some apps that I never used. After that, all live tiles worked again, except the Store.]

Last edited:

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
INCREDIBLE!! This worked! Just set the date to 8.1.2011, restarted. Set the date back to today's. Immediately, store shows 22 updates!
I tried everything before (adding keyboard, clearing IE cache, unpinning and re-pinning, you name it), nothing worked. This did! I am excited! :)

[edit 1: BTW, I had WiFi switched off during that procedure. Don't know whether that's relevant.]
[edit 2: I also had made sure recently that push notifications work again. (They had stopped working.) I did this by opening all apps at least once (some were never opened) and setting "live tiles" to "on" or "off" ("off" whereever possible). I also uninstalled some apps that I never used. After that, all live tiles worked again, except the Store.]
THANK YOU!

Yesterday I manually checked all my apps to see if they had updates.

I just did what you said, open ALL my apps, change date, restart and change date again. And IT WORKED!

Finally, after 1 month without updates... I got 1 update from Xbox Smartglass (only app I didn't check yesterday, which I don't use, I have no Xbox)

coolshoaib143

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
THANK YOU! This worked for me too, after failing with every other method described here! Much appreciated sir. :) Immediately, showed 22 updates.

Jowey2k

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

From another thread:
"
You have change date on your phone to **.**.2011, restart the phone and than quickly manually change date and time to correct position and that turn the auto mode! Go back to the main screen, all updates will be shown!
It works with all firmwares! BTW your phone will check for updates same time everyday when you made this operation!"

Sheer genius. Worked instantly!

I take my hat off to you! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077