I had this problem with other phones and now with the Icon I see I'm going to have the same issue with lint and tiny debris.
    I have used a couple of the following methods and read the others.

• Canned air, but be careful how close you hold the can because you could damage the screen or the internals underneath it. Also, only use the can in an upright position to avoid moisture from spraying into the earpice.
    • Vacuum cleaner. There is a slight risk in sucking the screen out so dont use MegaMaid (SpaceBalls ftw) to get the job done. A less powerful vacuum or dust buster is best.
    • Folding a piece of scotch tape and using "dabbing" method. I've used this to some success but its difficult to get the corners unless you use a toothpick or similar item to get it. You also risk losing some tape adhesive on the screen. Post-it notes can also work to and tend to have less adhesive to get left behind.
    • Q-tip. Wet the Q-tip and pinch it to release excess water. Not doing this result in drenching your earpiece and possibly leaving q-tip cotton behind. I haven't had very good success with this.

Anyone else have any tips?
    Laura Knotek, Guytronic and sd173 like this.
    03-20-2014 09:54 AM
    This is a good thread that should be helpful to a lot of people. Thanks for sharing your suggestions.
    03-20-2014 10:31 PM