WP 8: make your screen as cluttered as iOS!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Now my WP can look like my iPhone but with an older generation phone.

Ok, it will still be a cool upgrade, and you buy tech knowing the clock starts ticking on it bein obsolete on day one.

But, come on MS, why would you risking angering the only people who would be good up sell candidates to a wp8?

c8m6p

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
yeah, i love the existing users who are saying MS is shoving this new UI down our throat.

you can still have your same 8 squares if you want them. at least they are giving those of us who want a bit more customization that option.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
You can size them as you like. It is up to you. If you leave them medium sized it will be identical to what we have. Wish people stopped with false knowledge. It is going out of control now

Sent from my Titan using Board Express

AzD

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's all that cluttered; I do think the current UI is simpler and cleaner, but it looks like you can modify it however you feel.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
you kidding me.. its only CLUTTERED if YOU make it clutter you cluts! .. lol

WP8 looks NOTHING like the Iphone......

Iphone = Grids of Icons
WP8 = 100% customizable tiles size and placement.. not to mention interactive!!!

i can probably say that WP8 in theory is MORE customizable then Android UI, ( with out tweaks)

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
It looks EXACTLY like the iPhone and Android app menu. Just because we can have different sized icons does not change the fact. iPhone and Android are even cleaner now because their icons aren't different sizes.

As a matter of fact, I hope Microsoft either eliminates or makes big revisions to the app drawer on the right. The new start screen makes it redundant and it was never great at quickly fetching apps.

trumpet116

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
You can size them as you like. It is up to you. If you leave them medium sized it will be identical to what we have. Wish people stopped with false knowledge. It is going out of control now

Sent from my Titan using Board Express
Can we chose the size? That's better than I thought it was.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
We need more knee jerk overreactions about WP8 like this. It's really improving the quality of this forum.

Anyone else have a misinformed complaint about WP8 they want to freak out about before they have all the facts?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
People shouldn't be *****ing about a feature they have not actually seen or read about. You have total control over the size and placement of the icons. It's just like it is now, but you can adjust the size. Or..... wait for it..... not adjust the size!

daredevildan

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
We need more knee jerk overreactions about WP8 like this. It's really improving the quality of this forum.

Anyone else have a misinformed complaint about WP8 they want to freak out about before they have all the facts?

I wasn't aware that I needed a PHONE to use this OS. How dare MS?!?!

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It looks EXACTLY like the iPhone and Android app menu. Just because we can have different sized icons does not change the fact. iPhone and Android are even cleaner now because their icons aren't different sizes.

As a matter of fact, I hope Microsoft either eliminates or makes big revisions to the app drawer on the right. The new start screen makes it redundant and it was never great at quickly fetching apps.

The WP Start Screen looks nowhere near EXACTLY like the iPhone and Android app menus. And WP 7.8/8 icons aren't different sizes either, unless you want them to be.

The new Start Screen has zero bearing on the "app drawer". You can pin as much or as little as you want to the Start screen now, and you will be able to pin as much or as little as you want to the Start Screen in WP 7.8/8. If the "app drawer" wasn't there, how would you launch something not pinned to the Start Screen, in either UI version?

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Right because having functional tiles acting as icons that show you notifications REGARDLESS of size are considered to be a cluttered mess. If you can't organize your home screen to become functional, then maybe you shouldn't mess with the new update

Satchef1

May 2, 2012
Visit site
In the screen caps, I didn't like it. When I watched the video and saw it in motion, it's actually not so bad. Much more cluttered that WP7, but also far more useful (I'll need to delve in to the app menu, or scroll down the page, a lot less now).

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
This could be ok if you've got control over layout features.

I wonder what the chances are of AT&T letting people out of their lumia contracts for new wp's and a two year commitment?

I also wonder if someone will file a class action suit against Nokia and MS for knowingly selling phones that you can't fully upgrade. It would be ridiculous, but if I've thought about it, chances are someone else has too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss