I guess people expected to receive dual-core chips OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Because I had an opinion that I wanted to express? Stop acting like your better than everybody because you ride MS

No one cares to read your trolling nonsense here. It's pretty pathetic that you have nothing better to do than come crap all over this forum with your "opinion" which no one values.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The fanboyism on this site is just ridiculous. Of course we can't get the hardware in an update-people feel burned because they just killed a platform off. There's no physical reason current gen windows phones can't get WP8. Dual Core, High Res Screens, and NFC support do not make backwards compatibility impossible. I could venture to say the new kernel doesn't either. The reason WP8 won't run on Mango devices or even the first Windows Phones to come out is simply because Microsoft doesn't want it to. And to tell you the truth, all of the people who say anyone who complains about WP8 is just whining are stupid. Its perfectly reasonable to have an opinion on a decision Microsoft has made with their device.

WP8 apps will not be forward compatible with WP7. Forward compatibility is hard to implement. This burns WP7 users because the platform they invested in is now dead, not because of natural technological progression but because of corporate decisions.

But now that I'm thinking, what good will sharing a kernel with WP8 REALLY do? Someone could point out that app development would be easier but how hard would it be to retrofit the HTML-5/whatevermakeswindows8run to the WP7 kernel? Is it just to say they can?

The reason I might jump off the WP ship is because Windows Phone is dependent on the actions of Microsoft, and if they prove they don't make actions I don't agree with then I will simply buy something else, or hold out until something better comes along.

That, and I just found out Nokia dropped their sponsorship of the World Rally Championship, so screw them and screw Microsoft.:p

EDIT:The new start screen looks like ****.

Excellent comment brother...I feel you. People should know MS is ****ing us all up and since this is not the first time, I surely hope it wouldn't be the last time...it will happen again when 9 comes out.

Budule

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
No one cares to read your trolling nonsense here. It's pretty pathetic that you have nothing better to do than come crap all over this forum with your "opinion" which no one values.

i just read it and i care so maybe you shouldnt speak for everyone.......just sayin'....or do you have such a high opinion of yourself that if you dont care, nobody else should?.....if so, i pity you.....(thats the same pity you had for me in the other thread so right back at ya!)

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Excellent comment brother...I feel you. People should know MS is ****ing us all up and since this is not the first time, I surely hope it wouldn't be the last time...it will happen again when 9 comes out.

oh don't worry, it is going to be hard for them to bounce back from the bad press on this one..

a lot of lumia owners especially are mad, and tech sites and really bashing them for this move.

if they had a shot at being a major contender, I would say after this that chance is pretty much gone.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I love how escalated this situation has become. People just are never happy, doesn't matter what happens. Last year when I peaked interest in Windows Phone, I knew specifically not to buy one until WP8 came out. Those who just weren't patient enough to wait a few more months, ITS YOUR FAULT. Anyone who bought the L900 or the T2, to be honest was an idiot impulsive buy (if you bought them on a new contract). You knew WP8 was right around the corner, but yet you decided to get the "flagship" device.

Most people are complaining about the gutter, and the new Start Screen... and how it's become cluttered... I see it as it's a vast improvement. How does it look like crap? How does it even look cluttered? Windows Phone was and is about YOU, so how YOU like your Start Screen, is how it will look. Windows Phone is about Live Tiles and getting information at a glance, and they improved that by allowing more tiles in a smaller amount of space. So you can make sure you never miss anything. All you people do is complain about the notifications, and how there is no notification center... or how you always miss a CNN alert or something... Well, with the new start screen you wont miss anything... because it's all RIGHT there.

-_- God, it sickens me to see how people are so irate about this entire situation. Nothing ever pleases people these days. You can't just be happy with what you got, because something else might be better. You're still getting 7.8, but that's not good enough. Getting the new Start Screen, most of you hate it.... removing the gutter, you all want it back. It seems more and more Microsoft aggravates more and more people.

SO. GET. OFF. THE. PLATFORM.

//endrant.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry to have the bad news for you. WP9 isn't going to work on your HD7. :straight:

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I would like to point out that when ios 4.0 came out, the 3gs couldn't do multitasking NOR use a background wallpaper. Fact.

I don't mind people being genuinely upset. What I don't like are people spewing misinformation and running with it.

Why do you think Apple did that? My answer: To sell more handsets which at&t will give people early upgrades on.

Why do you think Microsoft did it? My answer: No marketshare means no revenue to waste resources doing it.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I think their approach is just fine. It was widely believed that wp8 would support higher resolutions, multiple cores, NFC, etc. And it was widely believed it would launch this fall. So if you follow the platform, you should have known your new lumia or titan II would no longer be the flagship device in half a year. Buy hey you're getting the new start screen and probably other updates with 7.8. What exactly is your complaint? Will there be a day when apps get introduced specifically for 8? Probably at some point, but id guess it won't be too common for a while, except for some native code apps. But what do you expect? The show must go on.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Exactly Native code apps. Calling 7.8, 8.0 would do nothing. It is a ground up new OS for MS (on the phone anyway). 7.8 will be obsolete in a year or less when it comes to the next wave of great apps. I am sure the next Draw Something or Angry birds will never make it to 7.8 but will make it to 8.0 much sooner then what 7.5 got. Which is great for growth, ****ty for us. That is fine.

It is truly bittersweet. I will be bitter for another year or so. Then it will be sweet.

B00m79

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the big let down that apps developed for Windows 8 which can be easily ported over to WP8 presumably won't be compatible with Windows 7.8? As a lumia 900 owner, that's what bothers me.

I expect the Windows 8 OS adoption rate to much higher than either the WP8 or WP7.* rate, which will drive devs to develop apps like crazy for that platform. Those apps will be easily portable to WP8 per MS. Maybe I've missed it, but have they said those apps would be easily portable into WP7.8? Because from most of the reading I've done, the company line has been WP7.* apps will be forward compatible, but not vice-versa. Presumably, that would be the advantage of a kernel update, even without the newer hardware.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You know what GhoulPhreak. At 50 something, the only thing around the corner for me is a little box to store my ashes. I will never wait 8 months for an imaginary phone, when I can have one that does all I want it to do today. Just like a car, the day after you get your new WP8, the E.O.L. Countdown will begin. The only thing that none of us can control is time.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
the title of this thread is very silly. Nokia etc will release low-end phones, so I think we can safely assume WP8 can run on existing phones, especially the Lumia 900. I have a focus, so I am not that disappointed except for the fact that MSoft just killed Nokia and ticked off a good chunk of our small user base.

I was encouraging people to get the Lumia 900...not anymore, so what do you think will happen to Nokia and the WP user base over the next few months?

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
This isn't the end of the world, but let's have some sympathy for folks who just bought the Lumia 900 on a 3 year contract in Canada (where i live). For the record, Apple has never EOL'd a device a couple months after it was released!

Budule

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
This isn't the end of the world, but let's have some sympathy for folks who just bought the Lumia 900 on a 3 year contract in Canada (where i live). For the record, Apple has never EOL'd a device a couple months after it was released!

dang it man....3 YEARS?......i feel 12 months better already.......

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
so arrogant

Really, is that what you guys expected. I said from the beginning, as did everyone else, current devices will get what their hardware allows out of WP8. Will you get the new Start screen? Yes. Will you get Skype integration, and other awesome software from WP8? Probably. Will you receive a dual-core chip, and NFC chip, and a higher resolution screen over-the-air? No. Because Microsoft isn't Hogwarts.

All of this whining really makes me look down on this community. Under your all's logic, the iPhone 3GS didn't get iOS5 because iOS5 supported a higher resolution screen and a better processor, and the 3GS doesn't have either of those.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
3GS did not get ios5 because 3GS is not fast enough. Majority current wp7 phones have pretty fast processors. Why did you use skype integration with a "probably'? Because you are not sure about that.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

Yes, because you know your comments are all flowers and adding so much to the discussion. :dry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss