Windows Phone 8 isn't coming to

Legacy Devices :(

I just wanted to point that out ;)

Regards,

Based_Graham@twitter

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you. Would you rather have a slow phone that is not called a wp or a update with most features on wp8 and get a smooth experience

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
There is a new optional update from Microsoft. If you choose to take this update, your phone will be upgraded to a non-supported build of Windows Phone 8.0 for legacy devices. If you choose to decline this update, you will be able to receive fully-supported updates of Windows Phone 7.8 and beyond. This update will wipe all your data and could potentially brick your device. Expect poorer performance. Microsoft and its partners are not responsible for any damages caused by this update.

Would any of you be objected to the above statement appearing the next time you connect your device? Do you think your arguments against WP8 on our devices stand up, taking this possibility into consideration. Yet again, it boils down to this: no one seems to understand that giving choice is actually an option.

I'm 99% convinced that the biggest technical problem (i.e. avoiding things like "not worth the effort") is that manufacturers wouldn't bother to write drivers for these old devices on the new kernel.

Performance is not a problem - Nokia needs to bring Windows Phone to even lower price points, and that won't be possible with kick-*** processors. The Lumia 900 processor should absolutely be able to run WP8. Joe Belfiore himself said that the NT kernel allows then to scale both up and down.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
With the new screen putting people's first will be a breeze. Instead of a work tile, I can just pin my work number, my boss, my supervisor and that new hot chick that always need my help. I can just go directly to them, instead of entering a folder. Its faster and doesn't waste any space.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
There is a new optional update from Microsoft. If you choose to take this update, your phone will be upgraded to a non-supported build of Windows Phone 8.0 for legacy devices. If you choose to decline this update, you will be able to receive fully-supported updates of Windows Phone 7.8 and beyond. This update will wipe all your data and could potentially brick your device. Expect poorer performance. Microsoft and its partners are not responsible for any damages caused by this update.

Would any of you be objected to the above statement appearing the next time you connect your device? Do you think your arguments against WP8 on our devices stand up, taking this possibility into consideration. Yet again, it boils down to this: no one seems to understand that giving choice is actually an option.

I'm 99% convinced that the biggest technical problem (i.e. avoiding things like "not worth the effort") is that manufacturers wouldn't bother to write drivers for these old devices on the new kernel.

Performance is not a problem - Nokia needs to bring Windows Phone to even lower price points, and that won't be possible with kick-*** processors. The Lumia 900 processor should absolutely be able to run WP8. Joe Belfiore himself said that the NT kernel allows then to scale both up and down.

Not worth the effort

Some dummy might click

Next thing you know

His phone is broken :(

Might as well leave WP8 to hackers

In the Dev, Root, Jailbroken

Communities

Its a possibility

Regards,

Based_Graham@twiter

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Some dummy might click
That's the user's fault, just saying. Anyhow, maybe it doesn't even get pushed, then. You have to flip a "receive notifications for unsupported updates" setting. I'm just saying, it's absolutely possible - they probably just don't care enough. There's no need to sweeten it.

Last edited:

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
With the new screen putting people's first will be a breeze. Instead of a work tile, I can just pin my work number, my boss, my supervisor and that new hot chick that always need my help. I can just go directly to them, instead of entering a folder. Its faster and doesn't waste any space.

You can already pin people to your start screen in 7.5 dude.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I have her on my start screen as well :D:p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99