XBox Live & Its Functionality On Windows Phone

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Im pretty much a hardcore ps3 /sony guy however...

since getting this phone and hearing about everything that Xbox can do as far as cross party chat, apps on the xbox? (do they really use apps for things) , and zune...ive been slowly thinking about getting rid of my ps3 or maybe even just buying a xbox to try it out.

I have a xbox gamertag since i already have the phone but what i want to know is how useful is it? can you voice chat with your friends online, message them, or anything like that?

as far as i know with ps3 theres no way to do any of this stuff on my phone or the their website for that matter. how useful as far as communicating with your xbox live friends is this feature? also how many friends are u able to have on your xbox live friends list? on ps3 i think u can only have 30 or 50.

i dont have the xbox live gold membership so i think all that im able to do on my phone in the xbox live portion of it is just add/accept friend requests and id have to buy the membership to have access to everything else in the games hub as far as messaging righ?

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
If you want all the benafits of Xbox Live then you need to go Gold

You can Voice chat send messages and Video call your Xbox live firends linked also to MSN if you ever use that.

Not currently having a WP7 (but soon to get a WP8) I couldnt tell you how it interacts with the 360 but with WP8 its looking promising

As far as friends lists go on Xbox live, correct me if i am wrong anybody but i think it's unlimted.

I am fully aware Xbox Live Gold has a membership but i Never (touch wood) had any issues with it.

Cant wait to set up my Xbox 360 with my WP8 my Windows Surface and my Laptop. Now who should i give my Android things too?

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Xbox can do as far as cross party chat, apps on the xbox? (do they really use apps for things)

Yes, unlike PS3/PSN you can be in a voice/party chat whenever you like. You and your party can be playing multiple games, and continue to be in a party chat cross-game. As for apps, yes the Xbox does have quite the catalog of apps now. Such as Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, Amazon Instant Video and IGN to name some, there are also apps for social and music.

I have a xbox gamertag since i already have the phone but what i want to know is how useful is it? can you voice chat with your friends online, message them, or anything like that?

Now are you saying this from a phone point of view, or are you saying this from an Xbox point of view? I believe from the phone you can check your friends list, check your messages (send and receive), and edit your avatar. There probably is a lot more features, but I don't have a WP to know for sure.

as far as i know with ps3 theres no way to do any of this stuff on my phone or the their website for that matter. how useful as far as communicating with your xbox live friends is this feature? also how many friends are u able to have on your xbox live friends list? on ps3 i think u can only have 30 or 50.

Well, I do run a clan and what this would help me do is on the fly setup meetings or see who's online while I'm on my way home.. or see who's playing a game tonight. For others, it could be pretty much the same. If you have a busy schedule, and you want to create an activity/beacon for a game, you can from your WP which will then tell others that you're interested.

As far as friends go, I believe you can only have up to 99.

i dont have the xbox live gold membership so i think all that im able to do on my phone in the xbox live portion of it is just add/accept friend requests and id have to buy the membership to have access to everything else in the games hub as far as messaging righ?

The way Silver (Free) and Gold (Paid) work is that Silver takes a lot of the multiplayer aspects out of Xbox Live. Such as party chats, and matchmaking and other features that would rely on Gold. I'm not sure how Silver or Gold work on WP, due to the fact that I don't have one... but I'm sure as Silver you should be able to access The Games Hub/App and still enjoy the selection... but I'm not sure.

I'm still a HUGE PS3 fan, There are a lot better games that come out for the PS3 IMO than the 360. However, I've recently become more of a 360 addict due to my clan and just the overall experience of Xbox Live. PSN is NOTHING compared to XBL, some day I hope PSN lives up to a great experience... but socially and video games, hands down XBL has a better experience.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm still a HUGE PS3 fan, There are a lot better games that come out for the PS3 IMO than the 360. However, I've recently become more of a 360 addict due to my clan and just the overall experience of Xbox Live. PSN is NOTHING compared to XBL, some day I hope PSN lives up to a great experience... but socially and video games, hands down XBL has a better experience.

yea i feel you ima huge ps3 fan too i bought like 3 of em, but im getting fed up with the lack of commitment to the system, xbox just got the zune interface, they're getting internet explorer this fall, and it seems like the support doesnt stop, ps3 maxes out on ur friends list i think at 50 then u have to pick around and choose

i was just considering checking out a xbox due to me being so happy with windows phone i eventually might get a cheap used one and try it all out since the new system is coming out next year sony needs to step up their support for the ps3 or they gonna be in trouble next system

and i mean if u can video, and voice chat all from your windows phone with your xbox friends thats incredible who knows what windows phone 8 will bring and the new xbox is gonna bring

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion