Advertisements in WP8?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
dont you think that if it goes over on the WPos that its going to end up on all other platforms. Seriously people stop and think rationally about what you're saying here.

I think Android will do it in a second because they have absolutely no class and don't care about the end user experience.

I doubt Apple will, though they have the iAd platform, so maybe on phones that are subsidized, but they definitely will NOT crap all over the user experience of people who pay full price for an iPhone and service with tacky ads, nor will they allow carriers to do it. I guarantee it.

All I have to say is this is a repulsive idea and you people are CRAZY if you don't fight against it.

I really thought most people chose Windows Phone because of the UI and user experience. I can't think of a more obnoxious way to ruin it than foul it up with ads.

I'm shocked that so many of you seem to be ok with this.

F anyone who does this. Is nothing safe from ads anymore? I spend a lot of effort avoiding the garbage. Ad blockers on all my browsers. I mute my television or change the channel if a commercial comes on, and most of the time I watch things on Netflix or something anyway so I'm not seeing ads.

Take a break from most ads like I do, for a while, and go back to them and you will quickly see how much they really disrupt your enjoyment of just about ANYTHING.

If this crap becomes a reality, all I can do is pray that people figure out how to hack the phones to kill it. I'll be on that bandwagon for sure.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Well we pay for cable and satellite TV services and there are still commercials.

Not in the UK. Generally, we pay for the BBC and in return we have zero adverts. The other 'free' channels have ads.

Regarding Sky, its optional. If you can handle the ads, fine. If not, then there are workarounds... Or you just don't bother with it. Personally, I use Sky to record the shows I like then watch them via the planner, which has its benefits in fast forwarding ads. If MS push ads onto WP8, they'll be little choice for those who can't stand them. We're already paying and there's no workaround other than saying farewell to WP and moving to a platform that doesn't feature ads within its OS.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Simply have to agree with other posts, a phone isn't as television or anything else or similar, because a phone is in the end a phone on which we don't wanna see any ads. Since when has anybody seen a phone with ads on it's OS.. Hehe.

And yes, we're fans, but we couldn't stand some pop-ups or random tiles which show up. Hubs, apps - acceptable.

In the end that probably won't even happen, haha :)

Flan Tamarind

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I have this great secret to share with all of you. Gather round, it's a doozy.

Ok, ok. So lets say you put together a phone OS and get it out there. You get some traction, but after two years of battling for market share you're sitting at less than 5%, heck, 3%. Terrible, I know. Here is a surefire way to double, triple, quintuple your share. What you do is put advertisements right on the front page of your OS. Right there out front. Make sure that people can't delete them. Hey, maybe even put it on that neat lock screen so they always see something. Now you're thinking 'well people hate ads!'. True, but when you put it on their phone, they just fall in love! And that's all it takes to win the day.

It's not going to happen, ok?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6