Should Samsung make a new brand line for wp or keep it how it is?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you think Samsung should bring it's galaxy brand to wp.?. I'm not so sure becuase this does cause confusion between other people. People will think is it android or a windows phone brand. That's a very big problem. But I would think that making a new brand name for windows phone would be ok becuase people really don't even know the difference between omnia or focus. They should just merge it in one and form something that is good. Instead of having having multiple brands based on the same OS. Or do you want it to stay how it is?

But also using galaxy hardware is also very good. But not very sure about the s3 though would they remove the physical home bottom or just put the windows logo on top of it. Bit also would they upgrade the specs slightly. We could see a 12mp phone, 4.9 inches, and a slightly bigger processor than the s3. Or should it be a mini note? Who knows

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
all the Samsung WP right now are base on the Galaxy build.....

like the First FOCUS is a copy of the GS1.

and they will NEVER cross brand products , Cross branding is TABOO in telecommunication.

I actually work in special Sale Programs for Bell/ *insert name*/ *insert name* ( ;) ) and cross branding product name is like the #1 thing NEVER to do.

Just like when does stupid marketers where putting Android UI on WP the first year..

you best bet your ARS they got in trouble for it.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
No, Samsung Galaxy = Android. Focus (Or some new name) = Windows Phone.

Agreed. Definitely don't use the Galaxy name for Windows Phone. The Galaxy name is already ridiculously overused to the point of meaninglessness as it is.

I would be really surprised if they used it for Windows Phone.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
They should stick with the Focus brand name for sure.

As well respected as the Galaxy line is though, I really wish they would put a new design team on their WP8 devices. Just knocking out copies of their Android phones isn't really good enough in my eyes; especially for a company making so much money.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, using the Focus name to associate WP with Samsung would be great. I truly like Samsung's high end offerings, but agree that by the time you get to names like Galaxy S2 Epic Touch (funniest name in cell phone history) and Galaxy S2 Capitivate Glide, you pretty much have beaten the Galaxy name into the dirt.

I feel the Galaxy name should be for their flagship android devices only throught the world, mid range Androids should not have it. WP branded Sammy devices should be Focus for their top end only, and Omnia name for their mid-ranged WP's.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, using the Focus name to associate WP with Samsung would be great. I truly like Samsung's high end offerings, but agree that by the time you get to names like Galaxy S2 Epic Touch (funniest name in cell phone history) and Galaxy S2 Capitivate Glide, you pretty much have beaten the Galaxy name into the dirt.

I feel the Galaxy name should be for their flagship android devices only throught the world, mid range Androids should not have it. WP branded Sammy devices should be Focus for their top end only, and Omnia name for their mid-ranged WP's.
No dude we should just keep with the focus series.

Because this sounds better
Samsung focus Epic touch. That sounds very good.

Or these made up names
Samsung focus galactic
Samsung core focus
Samsung galaxy focus
Samsung focus epic S
Samsung focus fantastic

Using the focus name sounds good. But the omnia brand and focus brand are the same thing with the same devices. It causes confusion between people

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I agree no Galaxy name for WP..And for sake Sammy needs a new design for Focus Series for WP8..

Focus has been a great line and they should keep the Name.

Focus Pro 8, Elite 8 and Focus Flash 8 would be good Name Scheme and what I would think hardware would be linke..Pro being High End (Quad S4Pro 1.8 / 2gig Ram, 32gb HD) Elite (Dual Core S4 1.7, 1.5 gig Ram, 16gb HD), Flash (Dual Core S4 1.5, 1gig RAm, 8gb HD)..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss