Earlier last month Microsoft revealed that WP8 will support NFC. But I was wondering if it only supports NFC PAYMENTS it won't be enough. it'll be a great idea to use NFC tags anywhere (NFC tags went popular when the Xperia S came out.) Or use it to unlock your car's door or your hotel room's. What do u think. Do u think it is limited to the payment only?
    07-13-2012 09:36 AM
    If I remember correctly, the WP8 Summit showcased numerous ways to use NFC in WP8.
    07-13-2012 09:48 AM
    If I remember correctly, the WP8 Summit showcased numerous ways to use NFC in WP8.
    Yeah right now I went over to this link and it says it'll read nfc tags but the ability to write to them is unknown.
    http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/...know-20120620/
    07-13-2012 10:22 AM
    I would expect that it's more full featured than just payments. Even if it doesn't launch supporting some features, since the hardware is there, it should be simply software upgrades that can enable further functionality.
    07-13-2012 11:22 AM
    I would expect that it's more full featured than just payments. Even if it doesn't launch supporting some features, since the hardware is there, it should be simply software upgrades that can enable further functionality.
    Not to mention MS is giving devs access to Native Code for WP8 so I imagine there will be a plethora of apps available to further bolster its functionality.
    07-13-2012 11:57 AM
    WP NFC is only limited by the retail/consumer industry. Once they catch up and start deploying NFC payment options in retail stores, hotels and else where WP will be fine
    07-13-2012 12:50 PM
    I would like to use NFC to transfer funds from phone to phone. Instead of using square. Is that even possible?
    07-13-2012 12:53 PM
    As fwaits said, the NFC capabilities in WP 8 should only be limited by its (lack of) software, including apps.
    07-13-2012 12:59 PM
    If Windows 8 is any indication (and there's no reason it wouldn't be), there'll be a full-featured API available for developers to take advantage of NFC.

I, for one, can't wait to try it out for stuff like syncing app content between phone/phone and phone/tablet, or sharing it with a friend just using a tap.
    Last edited by Aalejandro Diazs; 07-16-2012 at 05:13 PM.
    07-16-2012 04:06 PM