Best for Updates

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Which company over the short lifespan on WP7 has been the best for delivering updates? I am currently a Nexus user and thanks to Google getting updates for my Nexus One and now Nexus S has been very quick.. even if not OTA i can still download the Nexus S update from Google and force it on to my Nexus S. I am planning on Jumping across to WP8, updating my current Laptop to Win 8 and and buying an Win 8 Tablet + I have an Xbox (just seems like the right thing to do). Anyway back to my point, which company is the quickest at releasing updates? I love to be at the front of the que for cutting edge tech (explains why i use cm Nightlys). My next phone i willl probably finally lock into a 24 month contract and i would like to know that its not gonna take an age to update to the next latest software. (from an Android expereince only the nexus brands are quick on updates). Any advice on this?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
dude's it's Nokia. don't even question anybody else.

you get a pureview, HD display, memory expandable and a quad-core/ dual-core phone likely from Nokia.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
dude's it's Nokia. don't even question anybody else.

you get a pureview, HD display, memory expandable and a quad-core phone likely from Nokia.

I doubt they will release a memory expandable device if they carry on the same design philosophy behind the Lumia range-

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I doubt they will release a memory expandable device if they carry on the same design philosophy behind the Lumia range-

yea. but expect some changes on the top of the phone. like put the mini USB port at the bottom and ut the microsd slot on top. not that hard

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
yea. but expect some changes on the top of the phone. like put the mini USB port at the bottom and ut the microsd slot on top. not that hard

What microSd slot? Is this just stuff you are dreaming up?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
What microSd slot? Is this just stuff you are dreaming up?

MS is allowing removable microsSD to be available in WP8 :cool: The question is whether or not manufacturers will actually offer it. I'm betting only the high end devices will get it, but who knows for sure, yet.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
MS is allowing removable microsSD to be available in WP8 :cool: The question is whether or not manufacturers will actually offer it. I'm betting only the high end devices will get it, but who knows for sure, yet.

Half the benefit of microSD is they can release devices with little built in memory, dropping prices on the low end.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
WP8 as far as updates are concerned will be handled by MS directly so it doesn't matter which OEM you go for. I would opt for an HTC WP8 if I were you, especially if sound is important. They are dedicated to creating the best sound experience in smartphones as well as cameras.

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
WP8 as far as updates are concerned will be handled by MS directly so it doesn't matter which OEM you go for. I would opt for an HTC WP8 if I were you, especially if sound is important. They are dedicated to creating the best sound experience in smartphones as well as cameras.

Does HTC implement beats audio into Windows Phones? I'd argue that Nokia make better cameras especially if pureview managed to get on WP8. Oh the choices.... I defiantly want a new tablet ...if Nokia can come up with a good one of those too, I'm sold but we shall see. Interested in to see what else is brought to the table by Huawei.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk 2

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Does HTC implement beats audio into Windows Phones? I'd argue that Nokia make better cameras especially if pureview managed to get on WP8. Oh the choices.... I defiantly want a new tablet ...if Nokia can come up with a good one of those too, I'm sold but we shall see. Interested in to see what else is brought to the table by Huawei.

No beats in WP7, but my htc trophy does have a sound enhancement feature that sounds pretty good.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

oh yea. The next htc windows phones will likely have beats audio

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Not at the moment but right now they have a sound enhancer that allows for the choices of either Dolby Mobile or SRS, SRS tends to be better. I'm pretty satisfied with it, you can also count on their next phones to have a sound enhancer with the choice of Dolby Mobile,SRS pr Beats.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb