WinPhone 7.8 and 8 : flash 10?

grasshoper

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all ,

I just wondered if anyone knows if next wp os's will bring flash player 10 to IE ?

I figure we have fp 9 right now, while most websites use version 10. So it would be a logic upgrade for msft to stay competitive...

Anyone has an idea about this ?

Envoy? depuis mon cm_tenderloin avec Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I hope not. Adobe Flash is a buggy memory hog even on desktop PCs. I'd love to see it die and be replaced by HTML5 everywhere, including on the desktop.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I hate to be this guy, but I have answered this question at least twice. The answer is no. If you want to know why, use search.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi all ,

I just wondered if anyone knows if next wp os's will bring flash player 10 to IE ?

I figure we have fp 9 right now, while most websites use version 10. So it would be a logic upgrade for msft to stay competitive...

No it won't. Even Adobe is slowly killing off Flash. It's an old, outdated, insecure technology:

The beginning of the end for Adobe Flash

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Maybe just for flash videos that play in the standalone player similar to how html5 videos play now. It won't be a full on plugin tho.

grasshoper

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thx for your answers.

I agree that flash is old and outdated technology, but some useful sites I check every so often use it, sadly.

It's not a big deal if it doesn't come to wp 8 anyway, as you say people should go for HTML 5 now...

And sorry if the question has already been answered somewhere in this forum. I didn't find it!

diplomat696

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
IE10 has limited flash capabilities from my understanding so presumably that will be what is carried through to WP8 as well...and yes I am too lazy to search.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
honestly, No they wont.

flash is dieing and being replaced by HTLM5 , even youtube is switching. most new sites are coded in HTML5 and existing sites are slowly switching.

maybe on W8 , but i dont expect to see it on WP8.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely not.

Adobe has officially given up on mobile Flash development.

Exclusive: Adobe ceases development on mobile browser Flash, refocuses efforts on HTML5 (UPDATED) | ZDNet

...and with good reason. It's a garbage platform that makes phones run hot, devours memory and battery life. It's just junk. Adobe AIR and HTML5 will replace it. Expect WP8 to have more well integrated work arounds and web developers will already be dropping it if they haven't already because crapdroids are the only mobile devices that support it.

Apple did us all a favor by hastening it's demise, believe me.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi all ,

Windows Phone 7 does not have adobe flash enabled at any v ersion level. There has been talk ie rumors that there may be flash in W8P not sure if that is certain.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
crapdroids are the only mobile devices that support it...
They are killing flash on android as well, if it hasn't happened already. Pulled from the marketplace, no more support, won't be seen at all on future devices, etc.

Mobile flash is dead. No mobile OS will have it.

jf1974

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Flash

Everyone is correct in saying that Flash mobile is dead, however, what many do not know is that the Adobe AIR runtime is a solution that allows developers to deploy Flash apps to iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac. Also, Window 8 Metro WILL support Flash and Adobe AIR. Microsoft made a singular exception for the Flash plugin (after saying they wouldn't) in IE10 Metro and the Metro UI for Adobe AIR. I have not heard about Windows Phone 8, but it seems pretty likely, given it's availability on iOS and Android currently.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes