My Lumia 900 is really beginning to look First Gen

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
After seeing all that goodness going into Windows Phone 8. Its a nice first gen but first gen none the less.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree. I dearly hope a bunch of these features will be ported back to 7.8. Let's face it - features like a wide range of accent colours will take next to no effort to implement. Bing lockscreen background can just take the image from search, or use the same methodology of search (ping Bing for a new image when the screen is accessed).

Obviously, there are many additions which would be much harder, but even a handful of the features would go a long way to keeping the Lumia 800 & Omnia 7 chugging along.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Got my lumia, not sure if i will get wp8 at launch depends on whether nokia will have pureview tech on the phone and the camera crappy. If not, ill wait :). My guess is, it will not at launch..

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I hope to see more in the 7.8 update also. I am leaving the carriers totally so it will have to be pretty awesome to get me to jump to 8 at full cost. Hoping my Titan II will tide me over but I want new features badly.

I really need the data monitoring feature, that is a killer feature for me anyway!

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I just hope sprint is an launch partner or quickly comes aboard AND I pray the Nokia is under $700 off-contract. Any higher and it may be a no go until Lumias with pureview.

Yes, 900 is basically a first gen phone.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
It's not like you guys won't get Windows Phone 8 when it comes out, right?
I'm waiting at least a year for unlocked devices to sink down to $200. Maybe I will wait longer since I'm pretty picky with my phones and would only buy something nicer than my Titan (4.7 in. & 9.8 mm thick).

Currently, I am not seeing any phones out there (Android or otherwise) that I consider nicer looking than the Gen 1 Titan. I might have to wait a while since if there are no $600 phones much nicer, it'll be a while before there are any $200 phones that are nicer.

larspassic

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
The more features in 7.8 the better, but I hope they don't waste too much time working on an OS that we probably won't be talking about in one year.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Whatever they can port back would be great, but I know for sure I will be holding a WP8 device sometime this year, or 1st half of next.

BlackSmythe

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I buy all of my phones used. Be patient and wait for someone to mess up. it takes time but I got my lumia 900 with all the stuff in the box and a case for $225 US in June before the announcement. I got my titan for $325 brand new. I refuse to extend contracts with these U.S. carriers.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
qlijJ.gif

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
At least in 2 yrs there will be some amazing devices to choose from. And those of us who get the first wave of WP8 devices may feel a tinge of jealousy if we're on contract.

dasfoto

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I guess I don't understand all the fuss. I bought the Lumia 900 when it came out. I even switched to AT&T just to get it. I knew WP8 was on the horizon and that the Lumia may not get the update. But I don't care. Will the new WP8 features be really, really cool? I'm sure they will, but I really wonder how many of those I will really be missing by still having the 900. I doubt very many. My only real concern would be to have Apps I would want to own come in a WP8 flavor only. Other than that, the Lumia is still a slick phone. It's fast, it's reliable, and I personally have no problem with the camera. Will I buy a WP8 phone before my contract is up? That's a real possibility, but I won't be buying one this fall. I'd rather spend the money on a Surface RT or Surface Pro tablet.

matro

Mar 5, 2002
Visit site
I don't see the point: the Lumia 900 is a great smartphone, the best over there, if you also consider the apps Nokia included (Nokia Drive, etc).

WP8 devices are not here yet, we only have a (leaked) emulator. it will take time to have a stable WP8 smartphone with plenty of apps that really take advantage of the underlying OS.

do you want to wait having a black/white old phone or a shiny Lumia with all the best stuff you can actually have? you know the answer.

as soon as you will have a WP8 device in your hands, this site will talk about rumors for WP8.5, the new iPhone OS and Android next generation devices, then you will start looking at your WP8 device as first gen again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte