08-02-2012 12:33 PM
55 123
tools
    I carried a Curve 9370 as a work phone recently and I really liked it after I customized it. I got rid of all those stupid "panes" and made it so no apps showed, I had to pull up the drawer. I really liked it this way. Slap LTE and an 8 megapixel camera on it and i would probably still be carrying it.
    07-31-2012 11:43 PM
    You want me to do a Yoda on you? You know you want to..

Quality in an Operating system is everything...and if BB10 is going to have great groundbreaking features I'm going to go on board in a hurry. I don't care if It doesn't have what other Operating systems have, innovation is what drives products and companies forward.

In that regard, BB10 would be primed to make an impact no matter how that turns out to be...I don't want another WP8 or IOS 6, and this will not happen with BB10. It will push technology forward. That in itself will keep RIM competitive.
    As nice as BB10 might be, if it does not support Skype, Netflix, Hulu (and all the other "usual suspects") it will not be adopted by North American consumers.
    08-01-2012 01:13 AM
    You want me to do a Yoda on you? You know you want to..

Quality in an Operating system is everything...and if BB10 is going to have great groundbreaking features I'm going to go on board in a hurry. I don't care if It doesn't have what other Operating systems have, innovation is what drives products and companies forward.
    But it's not - that's the stuff that the tech press concentrates on but equally important are the ability of the company to leverage the supply chain, their ability to get hero status for their devices, their carrier relationships, their media tie-ins, their ecosystems - the actual innovation can be gobbled up by other companies when you fail.
    08-01-2012 04:28 AM
    But it's not - that's the stuff that the tech press concentrates on but equally important are the ability of the company to leverage the supply chain, their ability to get hero status for their devices, their carrier relationships, their media tie-ins, their ecosystems - the actual innovation can be gobbled up by other companies when you fail.
    All of which I think RIM does have and in good measure...IMO, or at least their ecosystems or their carrier relationships. BBM is a huge part of that ecosystem and so is app world. Their Carrier Relationships around the world are also strong, especially outside of the U.S.
    08-01-2012 10:51 AM
    Naw the CEO of Rim did an interview today which all but admitted that they cannot compete in the supply chain.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    08-02-2012 12:33 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD