Wp8/7.8 vs BB10. Obviously Wp8. But not these BB at crackberry users agree.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
http://forums.crackberry.com/general-discussion-f2/how-will-bb10-avoid-wp-fate-737091/

They think wp is not gaining traction AT ALL. But that's not true actually bb is loosing it . Admit it crackberry fans.
BB is loosing it. not Wp. Wp is gaining slowly at the moment but still gaining. But with Wp8 right around the corner. I have no doubt that Wp will gain tones of traction especially in RIM's heart.....Enterprise sector. With people still using BB's. But with Wp8. it has all of BB's features but better. I can really see Wp gaining alot of traction

Last edited:

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
No one on Crackberry said Windows Phone is dying. The general consensus is that Windows Phone failed to gain significant traction, which is true, and that now Microsoft is sitting on its cash pile and watching grass grow, which is also true.

A number of Crackberry forumers also admitted that there was real risk for the demise of Blackberry and acknowledge that that is a difference between Blackberry and Windows Phone.

I'm a Windows Phone user and I'm skeptical of the future of Windows Phone myself. The only thing I know for certain is that Windows Phone won't be going anywhere and that Microsoft will continue throwing money.

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Well if Ms is just tossing money they can throw me some while they are at it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
No one on Crackberry said Windows Phone is dying. The general consensus is that Windows Phone failed to gain significant traction, which is true, and that now Microsoft is sitting on its cash pile and watching grass grow, which is also true.

A number of Crackberry forumers also admitted that there was real risk for the demise of Blackberry and acknowledge that that is a difference between Blackberry and Windows Phone.

I'm a Windows Phone user and I'm skeptical of the future of Windows Phone myself. The only thing I know for certain is that Windows Phone won't be going anywhere and that Microsoft will continue throwing money.
well Wp is the only OS surviving in a wave of IOS and android handsets. it's actually gaining Market Share and traction.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't see what you're trying to prove. There are many decent points shared there, along with a few less logical ones. Exactly the same can be said of WPCentral forum discussions.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't see what you're trying to prove. There are many decent points shared there, along with a few less logical ones. Exactly the same can be said of WPCentral forum discussions.

saying Wp is not gaining traction at all. is just dumb. It makes sense it's going slowly. but there are tones of IOS and android devices out there. it's at least better than loosing it. aren't I correct

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
saying Wp is not gaining traction at all. is just dumb. It makes sense it's going slowly. but there are tones of IOS and android devices out there. it's at least better than loosing it. aren't I correct
There are plenty of dumb comments here, too. What were you expecting the CrackBerry users to all say, that they were all switching to WP8 and BB is doomed? Windows Phone's traction is very low, too low to appear to be a legitimate choice for the average consumer.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
There are plenty of dumb comments here, too. What were you expecting the CrackBerry users to all say, that they were all switching to WP8 and BB is doomed? Windows Phone's traction is very low, too low to appear to be a legitimate choice for the average consumer.

do you have to be so ****en negative? oh god sakes man

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The thrust of that conversation is right - Microsoft and partners have spend billions to very limited impact, RIM is going to about to attempt the same thing but with far more constrained resources and BB10 is likely to fail in the market.

Bottom line is that WP7 is an also-ran and there is a good chance that both BB10 and WP8 will be also-rans as well.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
They seem pretty level headed and presented some valid points. Don't be a ****** Topic Creator.

Both WP8 and OS10 have the same shot at becoming the "third OS".

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
They seem pretty level headed and presented some valid points. Don't be a ****** Topic Creator.

Let's not get carried away here.

While WP hasn't gained much traction in the market, they are increasing in mind share. That will likely lead to steady growth until it gets to the sweet spot, where growth will increase dramatically.

MS has the only 3rd ecosystem with the financial backing to handle growing the ecosystem while waiting for the sweet spot to come.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I think most analysts and tech bloggers think WP8 has a much higher chance (or at least is here to stay).

The only place where I hear anyone talk about BB10 is from places like Crackberry and there is heavy speculation at this point that the OS may never even make it to the market. BB10 is as good as vaporware so saying it has as much likeliness of success is really reaching. We know WP8 will make a fall debut.

I personally don't understand all the hype built around BB10, anyways. Despite the fact that it might not even ever cone to exist, RIM's track record with touch screen devices is horrible. Look at the Torch or the Storm.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft wish to have a renown product like Blackberries. The name Windows Phone instantly makes people defensive and RIM had a huge market share before, they can win it again. I wouldn't rule them out.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Microsoft wish to have a renown product like Blackberries. The name Windows Phone instantly makes people defensive and RIM had a huge market share before, they can win it again. I wouldn't rule them out.

I would. Well, at least when it comes to being the 3rd big ecosystem. They don't have the resources to make it happen.

I do hope they are able to keep their business afloat though. They won't be the 3rd main ecosystem, but they can maybe see success in carving out a niche and serving that niche very well. Not everyone wants a big ecosystem for their smartphones.

So by late-2015 I could see MS with over 15% market share and if RIM plays their cards right they could hold on to a solid and devoted 5%/

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I would. Well, at least when it comes to being the 3rd big ecosystem. They don't have the resources to make it happen.

I do hope they are able to keep their business afloat though. They won't be the 3rd main ecosystem, but they can maybe see success in carving out a niche and serving that niche very well. Not everyone wants a big ecosystem for their smartphones.

So by late-2015 I could see MS with over 15% market share and if RIM plays their cards right they could hold on to a solid and devoted 5%/
I can see the argument for both. But comparing BB10 to WP8 is comparing apples (sorry for swearing) to oranges.

WP8 has: a boatload of resources and deep pockets - MSFT is determined to make a go of it come **** or high water. But: there's no traction for the o/s yet - I'm pretty sure selling the device as a stand alone is a lost cause, which is why MSFT has to approach it like the WP8 is one part of a broader ecosystem.

BB10 has: a proven track record and brand recognition. If they come out with an outstanding piece of kit, they could turn it around in fairly short order. But: they lack the deep pockets and BB10 is their last chance for romance. Their ecosystem is lacking and if developers are not on board, it's just academic.

Sparkyscrum

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
As someone with a Blackberry and a Windows Phone 7 I have to say I prefer the WP7 software but the qwerty crowd hasn't been catered to like Blackberry has. I want a Torch like device (ie Dell but never really went on general sale here) but WP inside.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
do you have to be so ****en negative? oh god sakes man

He used to be very defensive about WP, this behavior he's exhibiting now didn't start till after the 7.8 debacle. I do feel that the future of BB is in jeopardy especially now since OS10 isn't launching till 2013.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)