Bing Local Scout not good enough.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded AroundMe app for iOS and it has way more in terms of categories of places compared to Local Scout. WP team better add a lot more to this hub if they want it compelling versus other platforms.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I wish I could narrow categories down better in local scout.

I'd like to go to a new city and find all the electronics stores, for example.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
That's an app tho, on WP you don't need an app for that. It's also pretty much a done deal that it'll be improved in WP8. I've had no issues with it so far.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
That's an app tho, on WP you don't need an app for that. It's also pretty much a done deal that it'll be improved in WP8. I've had no issues with it so far.

It doesn't matter if it's built into WP if an app does it better. Local scout has been fine for me, but I don't travel much. I'm also confident Microsoft will improve it for WP8.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
local scout is not that good,very limited, only shows max 20 results and sometimes show places unrelated to what im looking for.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded AroundMe app for iOS and it has way more in terms of categories of places compared to Local Scout. WP team better add a lot more to this hub if they want it compelling versus other platforms.

So you want to compare a third party app to Local Scout and then put the pressure on the WP team? Seems to me that the ios team aren't doing the job either if it took an app to get you what you liked.

Oh guess what? I just searched and AroundMe is available for WP in free and paid versions. Case closed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99