Microsoft Should Upgrade Tellme To Compete

TooiNawfyOffical

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft should upgrade tellme to compete with Google New Voice Search And Siri. Ya there's third party apps like Ask Ziggy and assistance but it would be nice if Microsoft used the power of Bing and Tellme For Wp8. What you guys think?? Great idea or bad ??

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, we already know that apps can register to handle certain voice commands, which puts it in front of Siri and Google Voice Search as far as I'm concerned. It also allows an application to talk to you in the background (see the demo video of the INRIX app alerting the user about traffic as soon as they got in their car) which is pretty awesome.

It'd be nice to have the natural language support, but I'd rather see the functionality first and it looks like Microsoft is covering that well. I'm sure some of the built in apps (Calendar, Music, etc) will have support for it as well.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure natural language support will come when Microsoft feels it's better then "hit or miss" like with Siri & Google Now.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft should upgrade tellme to compete with Google New Voice Search And Siri. Ya there's third party apps like Ask Ziggy and assistance but it would be nice if Microsoft used the power of Bing and Tellme For Wp8. What you guys think?? Great idea or bad ??

Good idea and I guarantee you it's being worked on. Speech recognition and NLP on smartphones isn't just some trend, it's the future and Microsoft knows this. Count on it. :cool:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I have been very impressed with the videos of Google Now that I've seen. I'm really hoping WP8 has similar functionality with tellme.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12