10-23-2012 02:55 AM
58 123
tools
    Why is it every thread on WP 8 ends up being about WP 7's shortcomings???

Can we all agree WP 7.XX was a good OS that did it's job over the two years of it's exisitence replacing Windows Mobile but wasn't really as mature as other OS's and move on? WP 8 will be out to some degree before the end of November and in full force by 2013 and that is the concern and the hope for our preferred OS.

I respect a ton of opinion's on WP Central, and I am interested in how those opinions feel about the FUTURE of WP on the threads where that is the question. Not why WP 7.5 didn't explode.
    08-11-2012 11:12 AM
    :P
    Why is it every thread on WP 8 ends up being about WP 7's shortcomings???

Can we all agree WP 7.XX was a good OS that did it's job over the two years of it's exisitence replacing Windows Mobile but wasn't really as mature as other OS's and move on? WP 8 will be out to some degree before the end of November and in full force by 2013 and that is the concern and the hope for our preferred OS.

I respect a ton of opinion's on WP Central, and I am interested in how those opinions feel about the FUTURE of WP on the threads where that is the question. Not why WP 7.5 didn't explode.
    I say the same thing all the time. Why complain all the time about the short comings if the WP 7, did what it was suppose to do. The didn't promise that it would be the end all of Phone OS'es. It did it's job for what it was made for and my phone did all that I asked of it.

WP 8 is MS evolution into stream lining and making a complete ecosystem where from the desktop to tablet to phone is one continuous platform with little to no differences. If you hate that WP 7 platform is being abandon then sorry, WP 7 was a good platform but if MS wants to stay alive they have to think big. With Win 8 they have finally decided to take a big chance and do something out the box and they want the WP 8 to match to give one experience across their portfolios.

I'm tired like everyone else of hearing short comings about this and that. If it's that bad then why are you here and why do you even have an WP? MS makes products that suit what I need so that's why I'm here and that's why I own a windows phone. I don't need the latest specs and apps as I use my phone as a phone first and foremost and don't spend my life on it. I come to WPcentral to learn about the new things about how WP is evolving not to cry about why I don't have the features of the other platforms.

If you need those features so much why did you buy a WP? The excuse of I wanted to try something different is a lie and means nothing. I equate that response to what I'll get from a drug addict. The feeling the drugs give dictates which ones they do. You needed something different equates to the same emotional high or lift. Something to make you feel better, give excitement.

Did anyone ever think of that when you seen all those people when the iPhone was launched. It was like watching addicts get there fix. When did electronic tools become like a drug to some where is gives them a high, instead of the device being what it is a tool to enhance life's task. Is life so bad that these electronic tools is all people have to look forward to.

I guess I'll deliver the ihammer or Droid X drill and see if I can get people lined up at home depot. :P
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    08-11-2012 12:27 PM
    Cool story bro. Seriously, the Zune was excellent, but it was 5 years too late to the market and should have been marketed better. And at this point in the game, ignorance is Microsoft's fault, not consumers. WP has been on the market for years, and Microsoft has done essentially nothing to push it. Last NPD survey I saw showed that 45% of smartphone buyers didn't know WP existed. Why should consumers care about a product Microsoft doesn't seem to care enough about to market?
    I generally want to evacuate my bowels on 90% of the posts you make because they are almost always consist of you performing fellatio on the green robot, but I have to agree with what you've said here 100%.
    MrBurrrns likes this.
    08-12-2012 07:18 PM
    I generally want to evacuate my bowels on 90% of the posts you make because they are almost always consist of you performing fellatio on the green robot, but I have to agree with what you've said here 100%.
    Come on, bring on a cool gif!
    08-12-2012 07:40 PM
    I can't help but have some type of envy when I'm flooded with HTC one and GS3 commercials. Although it's simply a trade off game. WP will have those features that Androids and iPhones won't have. But why aren't they advertising it!

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    cckgz4 likes this.
    08-12-2012 07:43 PM
    I can easily create a youtube playlist, but I have tried everything I know to get it to autoplay. I don't see an option. Where am I going wrong.
    10-21-2012 10:31 PM
    Tekhna, you've totally convinced me! My dedication to Windows was foolish and ill-advised. I have embraced the reality that is Android, and will be upgrading to Chromebooks and Android tablets and a sweet LG Optimus V!

That's great news, so you can stop posting here now. I have seen the light!
    10-21-2012 11:09 PM
    Tekhna, you've totally convinced me! My dedication to Windows was foolish and ill-advised. I have embraced the reality that is Android, and will be upgrading to Chromebooks and Android tablets and a sweet LG Optimus V!

That's great news, so you can stop posting here now. I have seen the light!
    10-23-2012 02:55 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD