Your ideal manufacturer would be??

B.L.E.A.K

Banned
Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 looks promising...no doubt. But that's just the OS. What about your manufacturer??

I have learned it the hard way. I wanted an Android but unfortunately I picked a company that today gives a for its customers. (Read Motorola)
I don't want to repeat my mistake. So, when WP8 launches, I think I will go with HTC.

What about you guys?? Which hardware manufacturer will make optimum use of WP8??

Last edited by a moderator:

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I picked HTC. Just nothing to complain about there. Nokia needs to WOW us with their phones though. I think for a company that has their feet in both ponds, they make excellent phones all throughout (One X, Titan, etc). Nokia has all their eggs in windows phone and they only came out with three phones in one year's time. IDK I'm kind of not impressed by that. I AM impressed by their commitment to the platform but then again, it's their only platform...

Samsung is decent (The focus was a survivor) but I simply prefer HTC's manly/sexy designs over Samsung's flimsy phones

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Samsung is into high volume, lightweight, plasticky phones that they also try to tie into their mini-ecosystem. Some innovation, but not always well thought out.

HTC makes great, solid, innovative hardware But the software side leaves much to be desired. Bugs at launch almost never get addressed through the life of the device. So I would suggest waiting 1-2 months before picking up an HTC (my former favorite, now #2).

Nokia makes solid and attractive phones, with great reception and good battery life. They understand the WP model, so as they can't change the basic OS, they enhance it with exclusive apps and features. They are 100% behind WP, and they fastest to respond to issues affecting their customers. No reason not to like them.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Nokia's openness and customer support has been nothing short of stunning. Hardware wise the T2 is better, but IMO, Nokia's commitment to their products makes up the difference.

xmind

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Nokia has always been a solid bet, they were my first phone (Nokia 7110 review -- Engadget). They are also doing it right with value added exclusive software.

However, I've had HTC smartphones for the last 7 years and have never had a problem with the hardware....and I never use a case for the phones. If they made a Titan for Verzion I would have bought that in a heartbeat. My 2nd hand Trophy is doing just fine for now though (hardware wise). Speaker phone have always been a little weak though.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
HTC for me. Solid builds and I've never had issues with their software. They have some nice added features to their devices. I simply love their screens too. Even on my Titan 2, not great, but it still has a certain sharpness and detail to it.

Nokia is a close 2nd for me. I say this because it all depends on their build. I had the Lumia but i found a few things stupid with the 900. 1. The Carl Zeiss silver camera bezel was a stupid idea. scratched way to easy. Could have possibly made it slightly indented or something. 2. It's nearly the same size as the Titan 2. Why couldn't they either fit a 4.7 in screen in there or simply make the phone smaller 3. Square edges. Liked it at first until i dropped it once. Looked bad. If the edges were rounded I don't think it would have looked as bad. 4. Color. I actually like all the color. What I don't like is that I don't get the color I want because I was a first buyer and then months later they come out with 2 more colors. What sense does that make? Release all the colors at the same time!

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My vote goes to Nokia. Since their livelihood pretty much depends upon WP8's success, we know that they will be quick to provide updates and bug fixes much like they have done with WP7.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Considering the exclusive apps, exclusive access to the OS core features in WP8, best customer service, how much they invested in the platform as well as PureView and RichRecording: Nokia without a doubt.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Nokia, simply because of all the WP OEM's they are the only ones innovating. Today PureView and Rich recording, tomorrow who knows what they will bring. Htc seems only concerned with throwing Sense on everything they make and Samsung seems obsessed with creating their own social network. Nokia is the only company 100% behind WP and going to be putting R&D into their devices and services and not just churning out generic black slab devices. No question, my devices from here on out will be made by Nokia,

skywalker#WP

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Been at peace with my htc windows phone till now but that pureview tech and all the exclusive apps from nokia are way too compelling to let nokia pass by. htc better come up with something extraordniary cause nokia just won me over!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
To all those who are picking HTC, allow me to say: Titan 1. Unsupported, zero software or firmware updates, horrid call quality, and the largest disappointment to date in the world of WP. I will give them a chance to redeem themselves, just not on my dime.

I voted Samsung. Yes, Nokia should be first or second on everyones list just due to their support and dedication to WP, but anyone not picking Sammy just hasn't used one. To all those still hung up on the "cheap" plastic arguments: Find me the quality tests, independently done, that shows them to be fragile. Anyone??

*Looks at watch, tapping foot.*

Didn't think so. Fall tests, scratch tests, screen durability, keep naming it and Samsung stands up very well. 1st gen Focus devices will be around and in use for another couple years. I have abused my "S" in every way and it still looks and performs flawlessly. If you prefer the feel of a heavier phone, fine. Got ya. No sweat. But don't talk quality because Samsung devices are top notch. Throw in they are trying to build a good "mini-system" (Chat-On, their "Now" news app, playing around with some exclusive apps even though they are not on Nokia's level yet) and Sammy is a real player.

Boy, I would love to see a Lenovo offering though. Heard they are high quality.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, Nokia too had it's own share of hardware failure. My vote goes for HTC. Not saying if Samsung is bad or Nokia is good. Just saying what I love.

Last edited:

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
To be fair, Nokia too had it's own share of hardware failure. My vote goes for HTC. Not saying if Samsung is bad or Nokia is good. Just saying what I love.
You are being more than fair, XENOPHOS. I want to like HTC. They just made it hard on me.

And welcome to the forums!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12