Is it me, or is there a lack of excitement for WP8?

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I believe because the market isn't saturated with wp7 devices is the reason why the hype isn't there. There's a new low-medium level android device coming out every month, with high-level devices released every couple of months by a few different OEMS's.

So there's always this constant hype with Android.

Weren't the HTC Titan II and the Nokia Lumia 900 released around the same time frame? Then we had the Focus 2, which wasn't really amazing.

Point i'm trying to make is that these phones were released within the same time period, so the hype was there and then faded.

BTW I went into a sprint store with a friend and the rep there asked me what phone I was using and I showed him my HD7 and his reaction was "seriously??, you're using a windows phone". I know sprint only offers 1 windows phone, but still everything is Android and IOS.

I believe I read an article where ATT is having their reps educate the customers about all available options and then letting the customer decide instead of pushing them towards a particular phone.

Then again ATT does have a wide range of powerful devices from every OS

::rant:::confused:

Back when I was on Sprint I had an Arrive then went to the iPhone and I liked it but I missed my WP7 so I went in to use their buy-back program and get another brand new Arrive and some extra credit toward my bill because the trade-in credit for my 4S was more than what the Arrive's retail cost was. Here is how it went down...

Me: "Hi I want to trade in this 4S for the Arrive."
Sprint Rep: "What? You know the 4S is a much better phone right?"
Me: "Yeah but I really liked the Arrive when I had one and I want to go back go WP7."
SRep: "Your iPhone has 16gb of memory, the Arrive only has 512MB."
Me: "No, the Arrive has 16GB of memory. Where do you get 512MB from?"
SRep: "It says it right here on the specs." <points to the display>
Me: "Um, that's RAM. Not internal memory."
SRep: "Yeah, RAM is how much memory it has."
Me: "No, RAM is system memory. You know for how much memory of running apps and such the system keeps. It affects how fast you can switch between apps and image caching and things like that."
SRep: "Yeah, I know what RAM is on a computer but on phones they call the internal memory RAM."
Me: "You are wrong, just please go get me an Arrive."
SRep: "Ok whatever you want."
<Rep goes into back room and comes back out with an Arrive.>
SRep: "Yeah, it looks like the newer models have 16GB of storage."
Me: "They all have 16GB of storage."
SRep: "Nah, I asked the guy in the back and he said the first generation just had 512MB."
Me: "Wow, ok... sure."

So I got my Arrive and a couple days later I returned it for a full refund, switched to AT&T and got a Lumia 900. :)

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Back when I was on Sprint I had an Arrive then went to the iPhone and I liked it but I missed my WP7 so I went in to use their buy-back program and get another brand new Arrive and some extra credit toward my bill because the trade-in credit for my 4S was more than what the Arrive's retail cost was. Here is how it went down...

Me: "Yeah but I really liked the Arrive when I had one and I want to go back go WP7."
Me: "No, RAM is system memory. You know for how much memory of running apps and such the system keeps. It affects how fast you can switch between apps and image caching and things like that."
SRep: "Yeah, I know what RAM is on a computer but on phones they call the internal memory RAM."
SRep: "Nah, I asked the guy in the back and he said the first generation just had 512MB."

So I got my Arrive and a couple days later I returned it for a full refund, switched to AT&T and got a Lumia 900. :)

so they are everywhere huh?? Hehehe...

Cant even tell you guys how many arguments I have with dumb**** when it comes to phones.

:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Animosity Against Windows Phone

so they are everywhere huh?? Hehehe...

Cant even tell you guys how many arguments I have with dumbFCUks when it comes to phones.

:mad:

Same here it's quite sad actually. I remember when I originally went into the Verizon store to purchase my HTC Trophy and the sales rep would not shut the **** up about iPhone and Android, and when I asked casually about Windows Phone he actually looked crestfallen, like I had stabbed him and his only response was suddenly a deflated meh... it's ok. He then seemed suddenly out of his element like he had no idea on the specs of Windows Phone etc... That was about a year ago.

When I went into a Verizon store a few days ago and was casually exploring I mentioned I had the HTC Trophy and the sales rep just laughed and commented how outdated the phone and OS were. It isn't THAT old of a phone. At least when I inquired about WP8 and the possibilities of Verizon he seemed slightly optimistic.

It's frustrating to see so much animosity towards Windows Phone, it sure doesn't help their struggling marketshare for the attention of the consumer.

bruceleer0y

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

LMAO

I def pictured this story in my head as I was reading.

The 1st generation had 512mb and the 2nd generation has 16gigs holy mackerel that's a big upgrade.

When I initially picked up my HD7, i was already waiting inside the T-mobile store a long time, so at this point I was bit aggravated.

Finally i paid the upgrade fee and the rep went over all the info about upgrading and all that jazz.

Sim was switched phone was on,I entered my email for him. I thought i was ready to leave, but the rep had my phone and was just tapping the screen every few minutes.

I asked him what he was doing, he said downloading apps and checking for updates.

I politely said: "Give me my phone so I can go home, Ill figure it out"

Moral of the story, I respect you as a rep, but it doesn't mean you know more than all of your customers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar