Samsung and WP8

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
How many features from the Galaxy S3 do you guys think Samsung will bring to WP8? I know android isn't the most popular thing around here, but the GS3 has some really impressive features that most phones don't have.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have an unlocked/unbranded S2

I looked at the S3 the other day at an AT&T store. A couple of odd things i noticed was:

The 4.8" screen didn't look any bigger than my S2 with a 4.3" screen. When I held the phones side by side, the S3 has a much longer screen, but it really didn't seem any wider.

They really made the S3 thin. It looks beautiful without a case, but if you dropped it without a heavy duty Otterbox case, it would be over.

Burst Shot is a neat camera feature.

It has NFC, but i don't know if i would trust NFC. My wifes new Nokia 808 has NFC.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The S3 has an absolute killer feature, that never gets mentioned anywhere.

It has a 24bit DAC (Digital Audio Convertor?). Reviews indicate the quality of the audio is far better than pretty much any mobile.

I'll most likely go Nokia for WP8, but a Samsung with a 24bit DAC would make me think twice.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Some of the things the S3 has that I think are pretty neat: when texting someone hold the phone to your ear and it will call them, sharing pictures with other S3's over wifi, ability to hook the phone to an hdtv and bluetooth keyboard and mouse, playing video in a small window.

Samsung Galaxy S3: Connectivity demo - USB OTG, MHL, bluetooth keyboards/mice, games controllers - YouTube

I think the phone has to be rooted for some of these things, like hooking the playstation controller to the phone.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I hate Samsung to b v v honest, but if u were to expand the question a little, in Motorola, I love Smart Actions and wireless pulling of files from the computer with Motocast?. Any way we will be doing this WP8. I'm asking this as many things are still under the cover.

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos