Something only Windows Phone can and others can't ...

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
as i'm in the uk i don't get alot of the us services. most of what you get on your wp7 device i don't get in the uk through zune on my titan ie lyrics /bio/similar/top tracks/top artists/most loved etc but i get them one my onex and the zplayer also has a built in equaliser,last fm. how does letting a machine pick your music make it better.

I also have a sound enhancer on my HD7 so the equalizer point is moot. It's better because it can auto generate playlists combining library songs with market songs. Some of these songs could be ones you hadn't heard in awhile and you can even download the songs while they're streaming.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
im not sure if android can do this, but i love being able to hold down the camera button to start taking photos, don't do what i do but some times i use it while driving to take a picture of something interesting or the person beside me lol (i know... its bad and dangerous, just giving a use case, i don't do it often, promise)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
im not sure if android can do this, but i love being able to hold down the camera button to start taking photos, don't do what i do but some times i use it while driving to take a picture of something interesting or the person beside me lol (i know... its bad and dangerous, just giving a use case, i don't do it often, promise)

Most android phones don't have a physical camera button, so no they can't do that. Many of them do have quick access shortcuts on the lock screen, but it's still not as fast as WP.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
ICS has this. At least on my bionic. I agree it is a nice feature.

Yep, it's pretty great on JB.

Maybe you guys could help me out then. I'm using an HTC Rezound running ICS. I can't make music controls appear on the lockscreen with Slacker Radio and iheartradio. With the music stored on the phone I do have lockscreen music controls. PM me how you guys are making this happen please.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I was given an iPhone 4 for work so can compare the two. I've never used Android so don't know its capabilities.

1. SharePoint Docs!!!!
2. Send email with high priority
3. Open apps using voice command
4. Back button
5. Slide-out keyboard
6. Place the cursor anywhere, not just the beginning of a word.
7. Easier scrolling
8. 16:9 screen ratio

All the other stuff others have mentioned.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Start a convo on Windows Live Messenger, continue on Facebook messenger on phone and end up the convo by replying using texts while sitting on a bus - all without exiting any apps or even entering any apps. - Talk about integration and communication, that's what phones are for right? ;)

Last edited:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Start a convo on Windows Live Messenger, continue on Facebook messenger on phone and end up the convo by replying using texts while sitting on a bus - all without exiting any apps or even entering an apps. - Talk about integration and communication, that's what phones are for right? ;)

Good post, on Android or iOS that would be 2-3 different apps.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Nobody has mentioned the agenda calendar view that shows Tasks/To Dos and Events in the same view. iOS cannot do this, and there are no calendar apps that can do this either with Exchange support. Moreover, both the doublewide calendar live tile and the lock screen show the next event by default. These are by far my favorite features of WP7, and these are truly unique to WP7. A lot of the other features that have been cited so far either aren't really unique to WP or are a matter of preference.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
if you are refering to htc srs or what they refer to as an equalizer which is nothing more than a list of presets i prefer to set my own sounds with the inapp 5 band equaliser with virtualizer and bass boost and genre EQ.and again i prefer to pick my own music

When the SRS is set the presets aren't selectable as there's no need to use them, just because you prefer certain things does not mean that zplayer is absolutely better than Zune.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
When XBox music comes out it will have greater worldwide coverage so then it'll be better than that worldwide and not just in the Americas.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
All great features, and I've been proudly using most of them for awhile.

I'd say my favorite that hasn't been mentioned yet is OneNote. Specifically the sharing features. I love that my wife and I can have a running grocery list that stays synced up all of the time.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
All great features, and I've been proudly using most of them for awhile.

I'd say my favorite that hasn't been mentioned yet is OneNote. Specifically the sharing features. I love that my wife and I can have a running grocery list that stays synced up all of the time.

I thought that happened only in commercials...Couldn't figure out how to do it in real life... :p

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I thought that happened only in commercials...Couldn't figure out how to do it in real life... :p

Put OneNote on the pc. It will work like it does in the commercials. I usually don't do it that way, but I use OneNote a lot, mostly for making a shopping list and pinning it to the start screen on the phone.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Put OneNote on the pc. It will work like it does in the commercials. I usually don't do it that way, but I use OneNote a lot, mostly for making a shopping list and pinning it to the start screen on the phone.

Am going to do that as I get my WP8. And may be, if all goes well, even a MS Surface.

Sent from my RaZr Nexus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett