What device are you excited about,and what phone do you want on your carrier?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. Since Nokia world is coming up shortly. I wanted to ask what Device do you want to see

e.g Nokia Lumia pureview, HTC Zenith, Samsung Odyssey on verizon or t-mobile or AT&T

So what device are you excited about?

12Danny123 :)

Last edited:

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't tell yet. It's a huge struggle for me to decide on rumors, but I'm more interested in Nokia than anyone, because I really love their design. The Lumia 900, though I've never even used one, appeals to me aesthetically. I just hope they don't follow the crowd and go super-gigantic with their next flagship, like everyone is speculating. 4" is perfect for me, but I don't want anything bigger than that.

The HTC Zenith seems to be my runner up, but I'm likely to be going to TMO when I get my next phone so I'm hoping Nokia's flagship is with TMO or I can just buy an unlocked one from ATT and have it run perfectly well on TMO.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm planning on getting the HTC accord but I might end up getting the Samsung odyssey if the Accord doesn't have LTE support. I'm with T-mobile.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Nokia goes without saying, but I'm also very interested and excited to see what Samsung and HTC bring to the table this time around. They are both going to be bringing their game up a bit to compete with Nokia, and Samsung can put out some great hardware (even though their case designs aren't the best).

HTC isn't doing well so they may bring their A game to WP8.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't really take too many pics with my phone so PureView isn't a deciding factor for me as I deleted my Facebook account and do not share photos via Instagram, etc. Ideally, I would like a high-end Nokia WP8 device on Verizon since Nokia has all of their eggs in Microsoft's basket and has shown that they can provide software/firmware updates in a timely manner. My second choice would be an HTC WP8 phone, followed by the next Google Nexus device if the specs are compelling enough.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
PureView, all the way!

Expecting a little one in March, same time as I'm eligible for an upgrade. If the pureview is as good with video recording as I have seen on the web, there will be no need for a stand alone camcorder. Plus it would mean both the wife and I have a "camcorder" in our pockets at all times! so I need a Lumia with Pureview, available on ATT in feb/mar.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
The Nokia. However i'm not so sure I will go fir the (rumored) 4.7". I would rather see a 4" successor to the 800 with a HD display.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'll be getting a Nokia as my WP8 device but honestly nothing really excites me so far. It seems all we are going to get is either a bigger Lumia (which I already have), or an WP SIII or WP One X. I was hoping someone would bring a hot new design that in itself would be the talking point (much like the Lumias where when originally revealed) to go with the new features of the OS. You wont be able to identify a WP8 device just by looking at it, they could all pass for todays devices and that to me is disappointing.

Remember the days of the HTC Universal, Diamond, Jam, HD/HD2, MPX 300? Devices were more innovative then in design than what we have now, variations of the black slab. So while i'll definitely be getting a Nokia WP8 I dont see anything really exciting about the coming devices.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Since I waited for mango to come out (7.5) before I got my first windoes phone I think I might do the same thing with WP8 so the device that will excite me hasn't been announced yet.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Seeing how I am on T-MO and they are only getting a middle range Nokia and I have an HD7 and Nokia 710 The only option is the Samsung Odyssey with the 4.8 That is ok even though I rather a Nokia. But not at the expanse of lowing what I want. in my next device. One thing for sure it WILL NOT BE A HTC product. THIS HD7 is #4 for me all replaced and this one still does not work right. I gave up on them....

Arcticwolf

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I am on Sprint. So I am more depressed than Excited. I would take any phone with a 4'' screen or bigger. What I really want is a Pureview device. Contract is up in Jan. Cant wait.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
With sympathy to Sprint HTC Arrive owners, of which I was so close to becoming one with you....

I want the Odyssey to be the hit. As I am on AT&T, it is pretty obvious there will be a good array of devices on the Evil Empire if I stay. But when my contract is up in 2013, I want choices. I want to be able to move to Verizon if I desire to. I want a Sprint option. I want more than Nokia for choices, even though I respect the living dog-snot out of Nokia and their devices. It just is good business for the consumer. Heck, I want more than just HTC, Sammy, and Nokia. Wish we could bribe Sony and Motorola into making WP.

I also want a freaking keyboard. THAT is apparently too much to ask.

May just let 7.8 roll onto my Focus S before I make any decisions. Also agree with Old_Cus: If these are all just Android or Lumia rehashes, maybe waiting makes more sense.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm soooo confused..

First, I don't know if I want a black or a white phone. Secondly, I don't know if Nokia has better in-built free apps or HTC.

Nokia has Nokia Maps, Nokia books (something I love), Nokia Music (Don't know how different is it from Zune Music+Videos)

Then, HTC has the HTC Hub, (fantastic) Weather App, News and updates

So, to me, the biggest challenge will be Nokia vs HTC

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm soooo confused..

First, I don't know if I want a black or a white phone. Secondly, I don't know if Nokia has better in-built free apps or HTC.

Nokia has Nokia Maps, Nokia books (something I love), Nokia Music (Don't know how different is it from Zune Music+Videos)

Then, HTC has the HTC Hub, (fantastic) Weather App, News and updates

So, to me, the biggest challenge will be Nokia vs HTC
Just go where your heart drags you.

Last edited:

speedfreak228

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I already have my money ready for a wp8 device. I really want a high end Nokia but if a HTC titan phone makes it to Verizon before nokia I'm buying it. I don't trust Verizon very much when it comes to getting wp8 phones I miss my titan I had when I was on at&t.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I already have my money ready for a wp8 device. I really want a high end Nokia but if a HTC titan phone makes it to Verizon before nokia I'm buying it. I don't trust Verizon very much when it comes to getting wp8 phones I miss my titan I had when I was on at&t.
It's been rumoured that the HTC Zenith is coming to Verizon first then a Nokia phone is a little later

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium