Great article on TechnoBuffalo on iOS Boredom

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Apple wowing people guarantees dominance.

But a non-wow still lets them keep most of their customers. People don't change from boredom very often if that boredom allows for convenience.

Their risk this time comes from changing their ports. It's inconvenient.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
They didn't Wow people with the 4S, and it sold like hotcakes.

Not looking up the data, but I'm pretty every release of the iPhone has sold better than the previous.
The problem is, there wasn't much in the way of good competition (in the minds of most people, anyway). Windows Phone hasn't had good marketing for it's devices before the Lumia line from Nokia, and Android prior to JB really was hit or miss from both a performance and an overall experience perspective.

However, we've now got very good Android options on the market with good design, battery life, and an application catalog, and the impending release of WP8 devices alongside Windows 8 itself, coupled with some very good hardware from not just Nokia and an app catalog that is 100,000+ and growing should make the next year or two even more interesting on that front.

I think it really is the case that if Apple does what they've been doing for the last few releases with the next few, they will find themselves losing customers just like this article's author, and for these reasons.

billAthens

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello to everyone , Iam just thinking that in every country people are dissatisfied about ios UI ( Iam from Greece) and that is5 years the same concept without fresh air to it. Now we are turn to wp8 as something new and fresh. But after 2 years we will be boring with it too, because it's normal , because we will be tired of the same tiles and of no wallpapers to it etc. I believe that the apps are more important than everything else. Who is the person that just looking the start screen only and says ...WHOHH what a nice live tile or what a nice widget! At the end your finger press an app! The whole mobile is an app.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
They said this before the 4S release as well. And the year before. It doesn't seem to matter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They may well have called it early. I guess 'they' were basing their predictions on different factors.

Back when the 4S released, Android was stuck on gingerbread and us Windows Phone users were getting excited over 'copy & paste' and app switching. Since then, A LOT has changed. Mango, Windows Phone 8, ICS, Jellybean, and more. Samsung is the new king and Android's sales have overtaken Apple iPhone's. Android have stumbled their way to a half-reasonable OS, whilst the OEM's are pushing the boundaries when it comes to the hardware.

My prediction is based on these changes, whilst factoring the huge potential Windows Phone 8 has. IMO, easily over half of iPhone users in the UK don't own a Mac. It won't be long before 90% of them will be rocking Windows 8. Windows 8, Windows 8 RT, and Windows Phone 8 will all make sense, and who knows, in relation to this thread, some may just find Metro UI a breathe of fresh air.

The problem is, there wasn't much in the way of good competition (in the minds of most people, anyway). Windows Phone hasn't had good marketing for it's devices before the Lumia line from Nokia, and Android prior to JB really was hit or miss from both a performance and an overall experience perspective.

However, we've now got very good Android options on the market with good design, battery life, and an application catalog, and the impending release of WP8 devices alongside Windows 8 itself, coupled with some very good hardware from not just Nokia and an app catalog that is 100,000+ and growing should make the next year or two even more interesting on that front.

I think it really is the case that if Apple does what they've been doing for the last few releases with the next few, they will find themselves losing customers just like this article's author, and for these reasons.

Nail. On. Head.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I sort of agree with you there, but I have some additional data to add, I work in Networks at a university and can safely say that we have seen a massive uptake of apple laptops over the last few years - driven by the iphone.
Right now, we have 3947 connected users over wifi and 60% of the are using Macs
If I add in mobile devices, 50% of them are iphones, which is coming down due to the rise of android, and there are still a surprising number of blackberries knocking around.

Im sad to say that we only have 1 WP device online at the moment which says it all really :mad:
I am confident with the rollout of W8, we will see that stat increase as just as the iphone sold apple laptops, I expect W8 to lead an uptake of WP8 devices

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett