HTC Windows Phone 8...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
http://www.technobuffalo.com/compan...8-handset-leaked-ahead-of-official-unveiling/

783c38e6-f373-eb7a.jpg

http://m.windowscentral.com/htc-windows-phone-8-devices-feature-beats-audio

Let the game begin....

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It will be interesting to see if beats is any more than just an eq setting like on android.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if Honda will have beef with the name. The Accord is an established brand and I don't think Honda wants people think they're in the smartphone business now.

And HTC, why not just call it the Titan III? You can't build a brand name if you can't keep a name past a year.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if Honda will have beef with the name. The Accord is an established brand and I don't think Honda wants people think they're in the smartphone business now.

And HTC, why not just call it the Titan III? You can't build a brand name if you can't keep a name past a year.

Depends whether or not it is a monster like the Titan. Or is it more midrange like the Radar (in which case Radar 2)

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
4.3" so does not deserve the titan name. Also not sure HTC would even want to bring up the bad memories some of us titan 1 owners have. I bought their first 7.5 device and was forgotten about within 4 months with the titan 2 which actually gets updates. HTC needs to do somethin major to get me onbard and a standard 16gb, 8mp option is not enough. That I what my titan has. They only added an extra core to the processor.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

The official names haven't been revealed yet, here's how I see it:

Rio=Radar 2
Accord=HD8
Zenith=Titan 3 or Titan 8

HD8 will retain the HD brand since 2008 and the Titan 3/8 would expand it's titan brand into a 2nd year. So they have in fact kept brand names longer than a year, the touch brand lasted from 2007-2009.

4.3" so does not deserve the titan name. Also not sure HTC would even want to bring up the bad memories some of us titan 1 owners have. I bought their first 7.5 device and was forgotten about within 4 months with the titan 2 which actually gets updates. HTC needs to do somethin major to get me onbard and a standard 16gb, 8mp option is not enough. That I what my titan has. They only added an extra core to the processor.
8mp is plenty if the sensors are adequate. You can have really bad image quality if the lens and sensors suck, no matter how many mp there are.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It will be interesting to see if beats is any more than just an eq setting like on android.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

I have an HTC Rezound with beats and the beats headphones and I think it's really over rated unless you like a lot of bass in your music. I'm not sure if beats on the newer devices works with streamed music, but on my Rezound it only works with music stored on the phone.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I have an HTC Rezound with beats and the beats headphones and I think it's really over rated unless you like a lot of bass in your music. I'm not sure if beats on the newer devices works with streamed music, but on my Rezound it only works with music stored on the phone.

That seems to be the case with alot of the EQ in android. My bro has the CS3 with a virtual 7.1 setting but it only works in the included music player. Whereas on WP the HTC sound enhancer is system wide.

maplewebb

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
It looks wonderful. In fact, I have planed to buy the HTC One X before as it become cheaper now, buy now may be I could wait for some days as the new windows phone 8 is coming and looks pretty well.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll kick this in. it will be a very,very long time before I ever buy another HTC product again. this HD7 is replacement #4 and it's still turns on and off at will and there is still no sound volume. HTC is done for me.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Can't see buying a HTC unless the ATIV (or other Samsung release depending on what comes out) or Nokia's utterly disappoint. I am still waking up with cold sweat-style nightmares over the Titan experience. Yes, the T2 is better, but it is not a long walk down the street to improve on the T1.

I have no experience with Beats audio, but it's rep is as a sales gimmick, especially in Phones. (I also thought they parted ways due to poor sales??)

I will play around with a HTC WP8. But without great long term input from HTC fans on this forum, I am not putting my money with them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12