Nokia 820 VS Samsung ATIV s

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm using an HTC Rezound with an extended battery and otterbox, my wife's iphone feels like a toy now. I am tempted by the Galaxy Note 2, but I think that will be too big for me to use, but I'll check it out if it comes to Verizon.
The Note is a total enigma for me. I get people are ga ga for the screen size but after handling one, there was just no way I could use it as my daily mobile phone. It just was too large to be comfortable.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
The Note is a total enigma for me. I get people are ga ga for the screen size but after handling one, there was just no way I could use it as my daily mobile phone. It just was too large to be comfortable.
Even tho I have large hands, I don't want to Note, sure it's nice to have space for your fingers, but composing a number is a pain in he ***, my friend has one and he don't like it as much as he expected.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

It's mighty pretty to look at when it's on though.

I imagine the majority of people who get it have a practical reason. The pen support is pretty handy for some.

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
As for the Ativ, I'm just glad Sammy didn't just rebrand the same GSIII body for WP. Its good that WP will get its own premium line.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
samsung ativ lovely phone but its too metalic for my taste i prefer the design of 820 it look modern and stylish :happy:

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
If WP8 delivers I will seriously consider the ATIV s, now my Titan II is "correct" it is lacking but it's a solid phone..

Of course Wp8 will deliver. with it's tablets. It's a good time to be in the MS ecosystem. I'm just waiting for windows 8 and wp8 I have an Xbox anyway

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that durability is that much of a big deal since most of us are not going to keep the phone forever... generally a year or two and it's outdated.

i buy my phones off contract and i keep it until it die or stolen or if i find something new with better spec & design then i sell it and get a new one but that happens rarely

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
i buy my phones off contract and i keep it until it die or stolen or if i find something new with better spec & design then i sell it and get a new one but that happens rarely
I never keep my phones until they die, i buy a new one every year or so.

Last edited:

dreester

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Over the past couple of days I've seen renders and leaked pictures of the Lumia 820, and more than once I've seen people labeled it as mid-range. I don't get it, what is it that makes it mid-range and not high-end?? Apart from the shot that showed 335MB of RAM. Or is it just because of the model number? 820<920

The phone looks pretty awesome to me. I'd choose it over the Ativ S.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Over the past couple of days I've seen renders and leaked pictures of the Lumia 820, and more than once I've seen people labeled it as mid-range. I don't get it, what is it that makes it mid-range and not high-end?? Apart from the shot that showed 335MB of RAM. Or is it just because of the model number? 820<920

The phone looks pretty awesome to me. I'd choose it over the Ativ S.
I think it is labeled as a mid-range phone because the design look a lot like the 900 which was a mid-range phone

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I just don't understand...

What about all the enthusiasm for Nokia... I mean, when did they last offered us a high end or a phone that dominated the market?

People are all waiting for Nokia to make the move, but I don't see why they see the next high end Lumia as a game changer... or will it even be high end? If I remember well Nokia nearly died this year, they cannot afford to go all in with their devices and it's why I don't see them coming with a game changer..

Ash_Biz

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 820 will be a mid-range phone, set to replace the Lumia 800... Many of you might be having this thing in your mind that the Lumia 800 was a far better looking phone than this 820 and also had curved glass screen... agrreed! But the point is Nokia wants to re-use that 800/900 design only in ONE phone this time and that is supposed to be the flagship Lumia 920 with PureView. The only thing thats worrying about the Lumia 820 is the screenshot showing just 335 MB RAM... Well, it must be at least 512 or even 768 for it to be a true successor of the Lumia 800.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Uhh, the lumia's have been heralded as iphone competition in design. That is about the highest praise a device can receive. Troll along somewhere else please.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Uhh, the lumia's have been heralded as iphone competition in design. That is about the highest praise a device can receive. Troll along somewhere else please.
How am I trolling? I gave my opinion... If I have to be a Nokia fan boy not to be trolling than I might have never understand what forums were made for... we are suppose to share our thoughts.

That's how I feel about Nokia... The design was good, true. Was it a game changer, a high end device or did it dominate the market? no.

People are putting samsung down... but samsung is the pack leader right now, they make high end phones that are extremely good looking and they are DOMINATING the market, so I just can't explain why people think that Nokia is superior since they did not prove to be...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon