we know Nokia is advertising their phones. But will Samsung advertise their Ativ S ??

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm planing to get a Nokia wp8 Device with my 10 friends as well and give my 800 to my GF. and while my other 5 friends want the Ativ S. But I'm not really sure they will advertise the amazing phone. We all know Nokia is gonna advertise it hard out. and HTC not sure maybe they will for competition. But I'm concerned about Samsung. a phone that is not cheap looking goes to waste without Advertising it. So do you guys think that they will?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they will I mean they did advertise their Focus series. In fact I've seen more commercials for the Focus line than I have with the Lumia 900.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Today, Apple just amended its complaint in the California federal court to include the Galaxy S3. Given the results of the last trial, the judge may grant an injunction against S3 sales until they can have another trial over that.

If the S3 is banned in the US, you can bet your butt that Samsung will advertise and promote the heck out of the Ativ S.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Today, Apple just amended its complaint in the California federal court to include the Galaxy S3. Given the results of the last trial, the judge may grant an injunction against S3 sales until they can have another trial over that.

If the S3 is banned in the US, you can bet your butt that Samsung will advertise and promote the heck out of the Ativ S.
wow Samsung is getting bashed badly. Hopefully they do advertise it bigger than he s3 campaign

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Not a good day to be an Android maker. I had expected this to happen, but hoped it wouldn't. I hate the idea of Android being banned. I would rather WP grow on it's own merits, not because choice has been taken away. (I am not an Apple fan, but respect their right to defend their I.P.)

However, IF this HAPPENS to help Samsung push the crud out of WP and come out with a few more devices next year, it won't KILL me......

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I think it's highly unlikely for any bans or injunctions taking effect... at least in the short term. This is governments and big businesses we're talking about... NOTHING happens fast!

In any case, I do hope Samsung markets their Windows devices this time around. I don't think most people could identify any Focus commercials... I recall seeing one when the Focus S and Focus Flash came out, but it was gone within a month.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I think it's highly unlikely for any bans or injunctions taking effect... at least in the short term. This is governments and big businesses we're talking about... NOTHING happens fast!

In any case, I do hope Samsung markets their Windows devices this time around. I don't think most people could identify any Focus commercials... I recall seeing one when the Focus S and Focus Flash came out, but it was gone within a month.
Yea. good point. but I don't think samsung is gonna waste such a good handset. it's actually attracting a lot of people. they need to advertise this HARD!

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
likely they will-
t-mobile and AT&T of course will. but I do think Verizon will. since they said that at the beginning of the year they will

That's encouraging. Over here, in the UK, O2 hasn't even bothered with the Lumia 900, period (after the L800 sold out online!). :mad: I've already tweeted them letting them know they'll be loosing a loyal customer if they don't get on board with Wp8... and I'll take my broadband and phone line, as well. Sure, I doubt they'll hinge any decisions based on one person, but here's hoping more people are voicing their frustration.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

This is the last one I remember that featured a Samsung phone. [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDykKhH_obw[/YT]

It wasn't even a Samsung commercial. It was actually a snippet from this early Windows Phone ad that was from either Microsoft or AT&T. This one is actually advertising HTC, not Samsung. [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-mo_Qpy6eM&feature=related[/YT]

The only specific Samsung ads I've seen lately were for Android devices.

The last Windows Samsung ad I remember was the one with Ozzy Osbourne for the Samsung Jack Windows Mobile device. [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVZmwiH2_Yk[/YT]

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
@lak611 ... Yep, exactly my point, and it's a shame... the Samsung Focus S should have been a really nice device (if I had it to do over, I'd have bought it instead of the Titan).

Anyway, I do hope that we see marketing by all carriers and all OEMs, not just from Microsoft. I hope the ads will show off the features/functions of WP, but also have some catchy ones too.

I actually enjoyed the Nokia ads, even though it kinda backfired that they had to issue a software update to fix hardware glitches early on.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
@lak611 ... Yep, exactly my point, and it's a shame... the Samsung Focus S should have been a really nice device (if I had it to do over, I'd have bought it instead of the Titan).

Anyway, I do hope that we see marketing by all carriers and all OEMs, not just from Microsoft. I hope the ads will show off the features/functions of WP, but also have some catchy ones too.

I actually enjoyed the Nokia ads, even though it kinda backfired that they had to issue a software update to fix hardware glitches early on.

I'd like to see more and better marketing by all the OEMs, carriers and Microsoft.

Those Microsoft ads were bad in my book. The impression I got was that Windows Phone is something you will not ever use, not that Windows Phone helps you get things done faster.

I liked the old ad with Ozzy, even though it was for a Windows Mobile device. It was funny and catchy (and showed off features of the device).

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I remember how much I HATED watching the iPhone ads where they showed people how to use whatever feature (the Maps one was the worst). Mostly because they censored steps to make it look easier and left out crucial details or favored optimal conditions. On the other hand, that with a catchy tune are effective at getting people to buy into your message-- LOOK HOW SIMPLE THIS IS!!!

At the same time, the iPod commercials with the shadows dancing to pop music were just as infectious as they were pointless... just like the "really" ads. So really, I think both styles are needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077