So when will we see the grand innovation?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I really just wanted the Lumia 800 with microSD and WP8. It's the perfect form factor!

Lumia 820 is MUCH larger which is a huge downside to me. It also loses the Gorilla Glass that the 800 had, as well as the glass being nice and curved. And if the microSD can't hold apps (unconfirmed), how much longer will 8gb be sufficient for the soon-to-come large games for WP8? I would "make do" if the phone weren't so freakishly large for my hands (both are larger than the large HTC HD7).

Now, the only WP8 phones Nokia is launching are separated by .2" display and 6.5mm length. And the [slightly] smaller one is missing out on a bunch of stuff, save for it's unique ability to change covers... including cyan (that's a plus)!

Samsung phone is WAY too big, HTC phones are large as well save for a possible 4" phone - that won't have Nokia Drive, Nokia Maps, city lens, other nokia apps.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but the lot of you have lost your ever loving mind. Please name some specs on any phone, camera alone, that's doing what the 920 is doing. Dual core is meant for lte. If it had quad core and no lte, there'd still be some moaning. There are valid points, and theres a bunch of over exaggeration.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but the lot of you have lost your ever loving mind. Please name some specs on any phone, camera alone, that's doing what the 920 is doing. Dual core is meant for lte. If it had quad core and no lte, there'd still be some moaning. There are valid points, and theres a bunch of over exaggeration.

The 920 isn't "doing" anything right now. It's not for sale, not officially announced as a shipping product, not priced, not available (nor planned publicly) for any carrier, and it couldn't even demo the OS it's running on.

You're putting a lot of faith in a carefully controlled demo at a press event. I'd like to see some real, shipping product that can be put through its paces before parroting Nokia's claims that its camera is magical... especially with the whole fake demo video fiasco.

oblivman

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep. People said the same thing about the Palm Pre at CES 2009. I was there.

No shipping dates, carriers nor pricing meant no consumer interest nor sales back then, and it will mean the same today.

It will ship early November at the same price as every other high end smart phone, AT&T guaranteed, possibly other carries.

You cannot construct a single logical argument about how not announcing the price does not build excitement, just everyone latching on to the ridiculous drivel of the mainstream blogs.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I really just wanted the Lumia 800 with microSD and WP8. It's the perfect form factor!

Lumia 820 is MUCH larger which is a huge downside to me. It also loses the Gorilla Glass that the 800 had, as well as the glass being nice and curved. And if the microSD can't hold apps (unconfirmed), how much longer will 8gb be sufficient for the soon-to-come large games for WP8? I would "make do" if the phone weren't so freakishly large for my hands (both are larger than the large HTC HD7).

Now, the only WP8 phones Nokia is launching are separated by .2" display and 6.5mm length. And the [slightly] smaller one is missing out on a bunch of stuff, save for it's unique ability to change covers... including cyan (that's a plus)!

Samsung phone is WAY too big, HTC phones are large as well save for a possible 4" phone - that won't have Nokia Drive, Nokia Maps, city lens, other nokia apps.

bing search 'Nokia Zeal'. That is what you'll need to wait for.

Bottom line: no matter what Nokia, et al do people are going to *****. If it had an Apple label on it you would throwing your money at them screaming for more.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The 920 isn't "doing" anything right now. It's not for sale, not officially announced as a shipping product, not priced, not available (nor planned publicly) for any carrier, and it couldn't even demo the OS it's running on.

You're putting a lot of faith in a carefully controlled demo at a press event. I'd like to see some real, shipping product that can be put through its paces before parroting Nokia's claims that its camera is magical... especially with the whole fake demo video fiasco.

so you dodged my question about specs, which is what yall started, to rant about how it didn't name price or availability? Have a seat. Several seats. I know what the holidays mean. I know that it'll be out before 2012. And I know it'll be priced competitively.

Now answer the question

Flan Tamarind

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I dont really think innovation was the issue today. Microsoft needs to cut out the mysteriousness. I may not agree with alot of what Apple does, but boy do they lay it all on the table when the time comes.

For Microsoft and Nokia, THAT would be some grand innovation.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I dont really think innovation was the issue today. Microsoft needs to cut out the mysteriousness. I may not agree with alot of what Apple does, but boy do they lay it all on the table when the time comes.

What? Giving a price point and release date? Technically you have a time frame and they can put a price on their product ahead of time because its their product and os. They have control, and the carriers want them. We don't have that yet

oblivman

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

This doesn't even make sense. You would rather know nothing about the phone until it is released? WHY?

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
So I just watched some 920 footage and it just makes me laugh so hard at this negativity. Did you guys see that editing with making the picture move? Sold

ltyarbro42

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity what would you rather have seen hardware wise?

Thin and light is the same kind of rut. So is increased ppi.

Better call quality? audio quality?

Water resistant coating? (that would've put it over the top today)

Lol you misunderstood me. The upgrades in hardware are amazing I know. As an engineer I can only "geek out" when I look at them. I don't know where to go next for the innovation iwas looking for. If I did I wouldn't be talking about it here, I would be cashing in XD. I was just simply looking for... Different. Its hard to explain...

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett