the announced wp8 phones - disappointed!

hyperpowers

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,
since a friend destroyed my Lumia 800 I am heading for the new phone with Windows phone 8 as OS. But wtf, there is NO WAY I can use them!
I had the Lumia 800 and also the 900. But the 900 is way too big for my hands. I couldnt reach every spot at the screen with just one hand. The 800 with his 3,7" screen had nearly the perfect size. A 4,0" would be totally the heaven, but why are Nokia and Samsung announcing their top phones with sizes over 4,3" (Samsung goes 4,8" - wtf?) ?
My hand size is normal for a men at his 1,74m, but every smartphone with a screen 4,3" or higher is total pain. Even my friends are having problems with those kind of phones, so they also love to use a phone with just one hand. And... what about the girls out there? I thought with those colors of the new Lumia phones, it should also attract them?

Does someone has maybe further information which company will release a high-end 4" or 3,7" phone?
(just to mention, iphone 5 will go 4" as well, which is the perfect size for neraly all size of hands, imo - and no, Iphone is no option, i need WP for my work)

ps:
...bigger isnt always better - imo.

Thanks for answers,
and sorry for my bad english!

Last edited:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The research has shown that consumers prefer smartphones with large screens so that's what the market is trending towards as a result. There will be phones with smaller screens but they will be lower end.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
You can always type in landscape. Of grow some man hands. Or....just Miss out on some great phones. Take your pick. Or, get an iphone.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,
since a friend destroyed my Lumia 800 I am heading for the new phone with Windows phone 8 as OS. But wtf, there is NO WAY I can use them!
I had the Lumia 800 and also the 900. But the 900 is way too big for my hands. I couldnt reach every spot at the screen with just one hand. The 800 with his 3,7" screen had nearly the perfect size. A 4,0" would be totally the heaven, but why the wtf are Nokia and Samsung announcing their top phones with sizes over 4,3" (Samsung goes 4,8" - wtf?) ?
My hand size is normal for a men with his 1,74m, but every smartphone with a screen 4,3" or higher is total pain to use. Even my friends have problems with those big phones, they also love to use a phone with just one hand as well. And... what about the girls out there? I thought with those colors of the new Lumia phones, it should also attract them?

Has someone maybe has further information which company will release a high-class 4" or 3,7" phone? (I am talkin about the new flagships for WP8, not the mid-class phones.)
(just to mention, iphone 5 will go 4" as well, which is the perfect size for neraly all size of hands, imo - and no, Iphone is no option, i need WP for my work)

ps:

Thanks for answers,
Buy the iPhone 5, it has a 4" screen...

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
It is still early yet, I am sure there will be more diversity in the WP8 universe, just wait and see.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,
I had the Lumia 800 and also the 900. But the 900 is way too big for my hands. I couldnt reach every spot at the screen with just one hand. The 800 with his 3,7" screen had nearly the perfect size. A 4,0" would be totally the heaven, but why the wtf are Nokia and Samsung announcing their top phones with sizes over 4,3" (Samsung goes 4,8" - wtf?) ?
My hand size is normal for a men with his 1,74m, but every smartphone with a screen 4,3" or higher is total pain to use. Even my friends have problems with those big phones, they also love to use a phone with just one hand as well. And... what about the girls out there? I thought with those colors of the new Lumia phones, it should also attract them?

Has someone maybe has further information which company will release a high-class 4" or 3,7" phone? (I am talkin about the new flagships for WP8, not the mid-class phones.)

ps:

Thanks for answers,

The 820 and the 920 are both thinner devices than any of the current Gen WPs except the Focus S. Also, I'm the same height as you and I can use my HD7 one-handed with either hand with no problems. I say test drive one first. Also, Nokia is rumored to be releasing a 4" device with 1ghz dual core, 512mb RAM and 4gb of storage with SD expansion. Should be cheap.

Also,for the record I agree that bigger isn't always better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos