Ones too complex. Other's too boring.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Does that mean its time people turned to Windows Phone??

I have been doing rounds of various blogs, sites and forums. Majority of people have been saying only this..."iPhone?? Naah...its the same and it's too boring..."
"Android? No ways...there are so many of them out there...its a task to pick one..."

Does that indicate a market shift towards WP??

If so, things we can expect from the forthcoming generations of devices and things MS perhaps needs to do in order to welcome this crowd..

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

Last edited:

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
That's an optimistic look at it. Most people or victims of habit. Creatures of going by what they know. Reason why I am here is because I tend to think outside the box and I think for myself. I had iPhones and androids. All had some good devices, but I tried WP out for a while before I pulled the trigger and bought one. I was in every ATT, T mo, sprint, and Microsoft store every week for a month and realized....MSFT is onto something. Things are just easy with this phone. If my mom wasn't stuck in her ways AND wasn't on sprint I'd convince her to get a WP.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
. If my mom wasn't stuck in her ways AND wasn't on sprint I'd convince her to get a WP.

Same here bro..if only my dad had listened to me...he would have realized how cool it is...sigh...parents...they never listen to u do they...

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Old fashioned and just don't feel like learning anything new, but the WP devices are sooooo easy.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
My family does whatever I tell them to do, except my cousins, and they have Macs because they always did graphics design before Photoshop for Windows had the same features. Now it's just something they're locked into.

Augustine864

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree with that statement. I have had an iPhone 3Gs for three years now. iPhone bores the **** out of me now. Don't get me wrong, it has been a great phone and I don't really have any other complaints other than at this point it is simply boring. As a result, I upgraded last October to the Samsung Galaxy S2 and hung on to it for about 28 days while trying to get used to adjusting to Android. I simply could not do it.

There were things on there that I liked over iPhone but other things that simply annoyed me or just felt too complicated. And the amount of crap it comes pre-packaged with was just overwhelming, many of the apps being redundant alternate 3rd party software that all did the same thing!

In the end I started have actual dreams about my iPhone at night and felt that, "well, that isn't a good sign, I guess I'l switching back", and reactivated my 3Gs.

So here I am now, post iPhone 5 announcement, having wanted to so badly to want the new iPhone and...I don't really. So I feel stuck between getting the iPhone 5 and being dissatisfied or getting the Samsung Galaxy S3 (even though I returned the S2 last year) and still being dissatisfied.

My biggest complaint about the iPhone 5 is it's lack of screen size. They made it "bigger" in a totally BS sort of way. I appreciate that Apple has certain design principals it wants to stick to I suppose and form factors, but I want a bigger screen, period. My great smartphone addiction is Flipboard. I am on that thing reading articles constantly. It is set up to display vertically, so making my iPhone does not do anything for me. I want the information on my screen to be larger, I don't want to have more TINY information..

I open Flipboard up on the S3 and it is absolutely beautiful but there is something to be said for the comfort that Apple's reliability provides, the fact that I've already invested in apps for that system, and the fact that it is MUCH less prone to malware than Android.

I have played with the Lumia Windows Phone, the blue flagship WP7 device and I like it's solid feel and larger screen, but it is very difficult to get a good feel for the whole package of what that phone would be by just playing in the store where there are no contacts in the phone, no accounts linked, etc. Also, Flipboard is still not on Windows phone which is the nail in the coffin for that option for the time being.

I'm also undecided if I like how minimalist visual style for WP is with the black back drop and thin white uniform font all over the place. Though, I have a Zune HD and LOVE that thing to death. I am so disappointed that Zune is on its way out. I know they are trying to keep some sort of music software but move it along into a different entity. I'm hoping I'll be able to keeping using my Zune with whatever solution they come up with even if it isn't "Zune". I had a 120GB 2nd or 3rd gen Zune that I bought while in Iraq and then last year I bought the HD and really I just love it and the subscription service. Zune takes a lot of undeserved flak.

Anyway, just needed to vent somewhere I guess. I need to upgrade badly but feel I won't be happy no matter what, which is really a shame when I'm almost assured of dropping $200.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Well looks like our site population is about to grow even larger. The amount of daily online users has already surpassed another forum I'm on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium