I think wp8 will be super popular in china

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
China mobile: china's largest carrier and the world largest with more than 600 million customers. Stocking the lumia 920 and maybe the 820
China telecom : third largest carrier in china. Likely gonna stock the 820
China unicom: second largest carrier. Likely gonna stock the 820.

If Nokia and ms can convince these carriers to advertise the lumia phones. Then apple and Samsung will be screwed. Guys this is Nokia's secret weapon. China itself. Nokia knows that the Chinese buys the cheap phones. Like the 610. It outsold the 800 and 710. If Nokia can get the 920 and 820 cheap in china then wp's market share will sky rocket.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Only 10% of mobile devices is sold through carriers in China, rest is bought sim-free.

It's true what you said, Chinese people do prefer cheaper models. The problem is that neither of the current Nokia WP8 models are not in the most popular price bracket to contribute significantly to a possible WP8 popularity boom.

When Nokia brings a Lumia 610 successor to the China, then I'll be interested.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Only 10% of mobile devices is sold through carriers in China, rest is bought sim-free.

It's true what you said, Chinese people do prefer cheaper models. The problem is that neither of the current Nokia WP8 models are not in the most popular price bracket to contribute significantly to a possible WP8 popularity boom.

When Nokia brings a Lumia 610 successor to the China, then I'll be interested.
Well I do hope Nokia and china's carriers make the lumia's cheap for china. Specifically

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I do hope Nokia and china's carriers make the lumia's cheap for china. Specifically
The problem that the Chinese don't buy their phones from the carriers doesn't go away even if carriers push Lumia line. Carriers might offer a relatively attractive deal for their customers, but 920 especially will nevertheless be way too expensive for majority of the Chinese people.

The way I see it, this is more of a first step in getting some mindshare for WP8 and Lumias in the Chinese market. Get people excited about WP8 and Lumia by showing off their top line product, then push affordable model in the market later.

Even though it might 920 and 820 wouldn't be super popular in China, it's still a good business for Nokia. Even if they'd capture let's say 15% of the new upgrade sales of China Mobile, it could add up to 10 million High-end Lumia's sold (speculative math of 680,000,000 subscribers * 0.10 * 0.15).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12