Numbers don't lie...

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
id like to see first week sales compared to nokia 920 first week sales, this will be the key indicator, not some poll on some website people can stuff ballots.

I may be getting a 920, but im not biased enough to know the iphone sales will beat 920 pretty easily.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
WebOS used to constantly win or do well in online polls and as we know it's now an international mobile powerhouse.

While you are right about the success of webOS in online polls, WP doesn't seem to rally the troops like webOS once did. It leads me to believe these numbers may be more genuine. Time will tell, we'll see what happens in Nov/Dec.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Didn't we say all this when the iphone 4s came out and the first wave of lumias were released?
Apples/Oranges.

People are still learning what Windows Phones are. Where WP7 was a blip on the tech site news (after initial launch), Nokia got it front and center, especially with the 900. The most important thing in growing any product is name recognition.

Throw an enthused Verizon on top of the good publicity that the 900 provided (another 110 million customer strong carrier that had never bought into WP), sprinkle a little Microsoft cross-platform magic, combine with a few million dollars of adds, and bake for 8-12 months, and we might have seen the recipe tweeked just right.

10%- 15%. Not out of the ballpark for smartphone sales in 2013.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
If Verizon puts WP8 devices in the hands of it's sales reps and those guys push it like they are currently pushing android I think we will see a nice surge in WP sales.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I like the numbers but I can't impress on Nokia to make good on the promises they've made with the 920. A story making the rounds saying that Nokia is satisfied with the result of their investigation into what is being called "camera-gate". My concerns are still the same. Is the Pureview camera on the Nokia Lumia 920 REALLY as good as claimed? Is the phone as good as it claims on paper? I can't say it is and I won't know it us, until it drops and the reviews come in. I can't take another bogus Zeiss lens promotional.

My thoughts are there was no need for Nokia to do this kind of fancy camera footwork in the first place. AND IF no one caught the reflection of the cameraman during the drive-be with the big honkin' Hubble Telescope lens camera, there would be NO investigation of any kind nor do I believe Nokia would be so gracious to return to the scene of the crime with these ?simulation of OIS technology? disclaimers, let alone tell us about it.

Maybe the bad taste of android is still with me. No doubt it is. But I stand pat to wait until I see the Lumia 920 drops and the reviews come in BEFORE my Windows Phone 8 is Nokia again. ****, it might be anyway simply because they are pretty dang good on the service side. I love my 900 but they will have to earn my trust otherwise, HTC or Sammy will be my next Windows Phone.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
ATT had a kiosk at one end of my mall last weekend demo'ing new phones. At the other end of the mall was the ATT store. I walked past the kiosk on my way in on my way to ATT store to talk about my TITAN issues. On my way out I was accosted by the kiosk people. They said they were showing off ATT's new phones. I instantly asked if they had any windows phones. "No, we just have the top Androids." They had 5 S3 which is a very amazing device to hold and is very close to swaying me toward android. That is a shock to me because I have not wanted an android since they launched android and it was the "new" thing. They had the HTC OneX I think as well. This phone was a serious let down. Materials are cheaper feeling and looking than my TITAN. They had a motorola and sony Ericsson as well but the only phone that had anything cool about it was the S3. I can see why that phone is selling like hotcakes.

Anyway, I am not sure how much ATT will be "pushing" WP still. Of course WP8 is not out yet or any handsets so nothing to push, but even in the ATT store the WP were stuffed in a corner as usual.

Jaafarj

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't a 3rd world remark. And I'm INSANELY jealous of your friend now. I wanted that thing SOOOOO bad.
Lol. I live in Pakistan and work part time for Nokia btl activations and promoted the Nokia Lumia 900 DK edition..

We had two phones with us. It coincided with the movies release..and there was no limit to how many people could order..I think I got around 7 orders.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I doubt the sales figures will match the poll numbers, if for no other reason than Apple is already sold out of their initial run through preorders which means those buyers won't be looking for a new phone for a couple of more years. As for myself, I will be buying a high end WP8 phone on Verizon (DON'T LET ME DOWN AGAIN, VERIZON!!!) this summer when my contract is up.

Also, the basic title of this thread is incorrect - numbers do lie. I lent a rake to number "57" last fall and he said he'd bring it back and he still hasn't! :p

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I believe that that Wp8 will be a slow burner. My theory is that Win8 will drive a lot of the WP8 sales and it will take until after the holidays, so say early 2013 before we see the numbers start to look good as Win8 will take a while to gain market share.
The release of office 2013 will be a boost as well..

Faux Carnival

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well Lumia 920 should sell more according to this poll. But it won't.

Because there are other factors such as availability, customer support, etc... If I can't find one, I ain't buyin one.

ebradley

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
fixed

My brother came back from Spain Saturday and he mentioned his pro-Apple buddy (who's has an iPhone since it's launch) said "I'm bored of the iPhone... I NEED that Lumia 920". Just sharing...

:cool:

I think the 920 is going to be a big hit. They just need to keep up the aggressive marketing, and I think the shots at Apple serve as a good way to hit the iSheep over the head with the realisation that the iPhone simply isn't the ONLY phone on the market... despite what Apple will tell you.
Fixed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa