Why HTC favoured over Nokia?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
HTC can say we have in November, but Nokia din't have a date?

It bloody killed a little inside my heart when Nokia wasn't given a date!

HTC has both Ballmer and a freaking date!!

Talk about kicking Nokia in the balls.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Could be that this event, being 2 weeks later, more info was available. Since the Nokia event, we have seen 2 rumored dates for the Lumias, 10/21 & 11/2.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
We all knew about the rumoured launch of the event anyway before Nokia event.

Surely things haven't changed apart from "going gold" and "being on time" for WP.

Nokia is meant to be their official partner right?

Nokia launch with a rough date and carriers would have so helped knowing iPhone 5 was a week after.

I remember someone made a thread about "Nokia this is how its done" talking about how carrier, dates, prices really impacts!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they are favored. I just think MS is trying to appease some of their other OEMs, that helped launch Windows Phone. Also to make sure that even though they are in bed with Nokia, they still there for all OEMs. Smart move IMO.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they are favored. I just think MS is trying to appease some of their other OEMs, that helped launch Windows Phone. Also to make sure that even though they are in bed with Nokia, they still there for all OEMs. Smart move IMO.
I agree, MS is smart to throw HTC a bone here and there. They were there from the beginning and still seem to be the only manufacturer that tries to get their phones on every US carrier. Nokia is clearly the favorite, but HTC deserves some MS love, even if they're not exclusively committed to WP.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't this same sort of "Only say November, no dates" have helped Nokia to push WP in general against an iPhone launch?

Or is this going to now make more sense to say November availability right 2 days before iPhone hits the store, thinking this may push those borderline peeps away to wait till November?

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hahah hands down I've loved HTC WP8! (not more than Lumia, yet!)

They have matched if not exceeded Nokia Lumia designs. But, I was always under the impression that MSFT would favour Nokia much more than other OEMs. Because they had a mutual relationship.

It would have aided Nokia a LOT if people knew carriers and dates before iPhone launch.

But I see this as MSFT strategy to now talk about dates when we know queues at iSheep stores are likely starting in 24-36 hours!

I really hope this means people who look at HTCs now want to wait till November and not queue!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb