Wow, those phones look awesome. The wpcentral YouTube video review said as much, and I think from the design standpoint they may have matched if not exceeded Nokia.

Now, BEFORE you post, don't get all dickish with stupid comments about specs or any other such non sense. 16gb is plenty for me, I LOVE the size and it just looks pretty damn cool.

This is a post about a WINDOWS PHONE, the fact I like the OS and that I've found a phone I really think is cool that will help me support WP.

A year ago we all complained there werent any good WP handsets that could compete with apple and android. And now a year later, look what we get to choose from.

Honestly, the android vs iOS fanboy toned posts about nokia vs htc are just dumb. That's small picture thinking INSIDE the box.

We should all be PSYCHED that HTC is sitting at the table and betting big, and that not only do we have the SUPERIOR OS to apple/android, but we now have the better handsets too.

So DON'T be fanboy dueche bags jawing at each other, get excited that WP now has more potential than it ever has!!
    09-19-2012 01:12 PM
    Agree 100%. I'm on a 1st gen Focus and can't wait to upgrade. Now that we have choices of some fantastic hardware to go along with this amazing OS, it's looking really good for us WP users...
    baseballbert likes this.
    09-19-2012 01:16 PM
    Have to weigh the differences between the 8x and 920, but that LED notification blinking in the video made me a a little homesick. I just hope MS makes it usable for more than just missed calls.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    09-19-2012 01:18 PM
    I think I'm gonna pick HTC over Lumia.. I loved the designs ..v classy and v cool!
    Its like what Nokia left mid way, HTC picked it up and took if all the way..

Sent from my DROID RaZr HD.
    09-19-2012 01:23 PM
    With unlimited HSPA+42, 16 gigs is all I need. Cloud, baby, cloud.

And let's give a round of applause to the WPCentral team for their great coverage of this event. Well done, guys!

the android vs iOS fanboy toned posts about nokia vs htc are just dumb. That's small picture thinking INSIDE the box.
    I was content to let it lie -- it was NOKIA who started the whole debate, after all.

I'm just annoyed that they're spending more time talking than releasing.
    baseballbert and X0LARIUM like this.
    09-19-2012 01:27 PM

And let's give a round of applause to the WPCentral team for their great coverage of this event. Well done, guys!
    Second that bro...guys here are fabulous...well done Team WPC..

brmiller1976 likes this.
    09-19-2012 01:28 PM
    I think I'm gonna pick HTC over Lumia.. I loved the designs ..v classy and v cool!
    Its like what Nokia left mid way, HTC picked it up and took if all the way..

The voice of reason! And that's exactly why an HTC WP will be the getting plugged each night at my house.

Plus, Nokia let me down with the whole camera thing, signs at Samsung release and bravado "me too" tweats. The 920 is AWESOME, it just isn't the WP for me.
    09-19-2012 01:30 PM
    As long as you're choosing Windows Phone. ;)

BECAUSE IF YOU EVER LEAVE I WILL FIND YOU AND STICK A HD7 UNDER EACH ARMPIT.
    Last edited by HeyCori; 09-19-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    09-19-2012 01:31 PM
    I too am going for the 8X the dedicated amp is a must for anyone who consumes content on their phones.
    09-19-2012 01:42 PM
    Yep, glad to see WP get many options and a chance to make a move in the marketplace. To each his own. But the HTC phone didn't do much for me. Not just stats, the appearance was lacking. Looked cheap. But then HTC soured me with the EVO, would've taken a lot to impress me.
    09-19-2012 01:44 PM
    My Titan woes left an HTC flavored sour taste in my mouth. The phones do look great. But I can't forget about the total lack of support for the non international version. Or the muffled mic and incredibly weak reception. I pray every day that MS makes its own phone one day.
    09-19-2012 01:46 PM
    And plus who doesn't mind colours in their lives..I for one am sick of black devices...

I quite Like what HTC has done here. I might pick the grey+blue or the black+blue or even the black+white..

09-19-2012 02:01 PM

I was content to let it lie -- it was NOKIA who started the whole debate, after all.

I'm just annoyed that they're spending more time talking than releasing.
    Well WP8 only went gold less than a week ago. No way anyone could release a phone right now. Carriers still have a say in when they want to announce a device, and Microsoft still hasn't fully unveiled WP8.
    09-19-2012 02:22 PM
    I think the 8X and ATIV S will be the top sellers for WP8.
    eric12341 and Winterfang like this.
    09-19-2012 02:54 PM
    HTC sure dropped the ball with the size of the phone. The phone is every bit as big as my Titan but with .4" less screen. The phone should be smaller, or screen bigger.
    Last edited by Team Obi Juan; 09-21-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    09-21-2012 04:08 PM
    HTC 8X is probably the best looking phone period.
    09-21-2012 05:52 PM
    Good for you, you made your choice. 1 less guy fighting over the L920. XD

So L920, here I come. :)
    09-21-2012 07:13 PM
    I just saw the WPcentral video and this phone looks just too good. I hate the specs but oh my God.

The 8X is making love to my eyes.
    09-21-2012 07:44 PM
    Hopefully it bought you dinner before hand!
    09-21-2012 08:28 PM
    The fact I'm so diehard for Lumia makes what I'm about to say that much more dramatic: it's actually going to come down to price. I promised myself I'd never buy another HTC, but if the 8x is $100 cheaper off-contract I'm probably going to break that promise. HTC did a great job with these devices... If the 8s just had a FFC I would buy it in a heartbeat. That thing is just SEXY!!

As far as the specs go, I still have over 9 GB free on my HD7 so 16 is plenty for me; the camera is the same sensor from the One X, so it might not be Pureview but it'll still be I; 4.3" is what I'm already used to anyways... I could care less for Beats cuz it just makes everything bassy and muddy anyways. I like the SRS Enhancement on my HD7, as it boosts key frequencies in EVERY register, not just the low end. I don't mind a heavy phone or a light one... No preference as long as it's well-built.

At any rate, ACTUAL competition from the other OEMs will only serve to force Nokia to release even more kick-*** handsets if they wanna stay on top of the WP pile, which is great for us consumers!
    Last edited by freestaterocker; 09-21-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    09-21-2012 08:33 PM
    I am very excited that I will get to choose from at least one high end WP on Verizon. I prefer the 920, but either way I can't lose. Thank you Nokia and HTC!

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    09-21-2012 08:58 PM
    I just saw the WPcentral video and this phone looks just too good. I hate the specs but oh my God.

The 8X is making love to my eyes.
    Sure it is.

So while you are busy making love with your 8X using your eyes, I will be waiting for my Nokia Lumia 920. Win-win.
    09-22-2012 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD