HTC WP8 phones and NFC speakers?

greg.hoch

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
any idea whether there will be NFC speakers for the HTC phones? I just really like the idea of tapping the speakers and playing my music...

Thanks!

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Not fully into the details of NFC, but as far as I understand the NFC is more or less just approving the Bluetooth connection from the phone to the speakers. So You should be able to use Nokia, JBL or what ever NFC enabled stuff that comes around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that sounds right. NFC is like the broker that pairs the two devices together via bluetooth.... at least in the case of the speakers.

I guess the one question will be the version of bluetooth and what version is needed to do that audio... 2.1 is what the HTC devices have and I don't know much about versions and what they do.

Not fully into the details of NFC, but as far as I understand the NFC is more or less just approving the Bluetooth connection from the phone to the speakers. So You should be able to use Nokia, JBL or what ever NFC enabled stuff that comes around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

greg.hoch

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia phones and other recent HTC phones seem to have bluetooth 3.x (and can potentially be upgraded to 4 but I don't really get that). Considering that HTC android phones have bluetooth 3+, I don't get why the wp don't and what does that mean for wireless speakers?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)