Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
i was wondering which one do you think has a better sound
920 Dolby vs 8x BeatsAudio
i can't wait to see a video comparison fight between both of them

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I have an HTC Rezound with Beats Audio and the Beats headphones. I prefer the sound of my HTC Trophy with SRS enhancement. On my Rezound the Beats primarily emphasize the bass, which is fine if you like that, but that's not my preferred listening style. Hopefully on the 8X Beats works a bit differently.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I just read that HTC Beats audio in Windows Phone is done via software instead of adding a separated chip, due to Microsoft limitations.

I'm just tired of Windows Phones being worse than their Android counterparts. :(

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Software beats means more potential for upgrades too.

What's weird was everything I read said beats was just an eq setting, and was easily copied between phones on android. Wonder what the hardware was?

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
beats are over rated just like bose... everyone i know that bought beats headphones had issues with them.

i prefer sennheiser... all the beats on htc are.... "marketing".

although they havent compared to one another yet... so it could go either way. in the end though, i seriously doubt there will be a noticable difference. so i wouldnt base my decision on that. :p

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
What would impress me waaaaay more than "beats" or "dolby" or any other branding would be an option for a true line-level out. There's a reason my home stereo receiver cost $400, there's a reason why I upgraded my car stereo. The processing on those machines will always be superior IMO. Let me use them properly!

-R

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I just read that HTC Beats audio in Windows Phone is done via software instead of adding a separated chip, due to Microsoft limitations.

I'm just tired of Windows Phones being worse than their Android counterparts. :(

Isn't Beats on android phones just software equalization also?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Another thing about the Beats, or at least on my Rezound, is that it only works with music stored on the phone, so anything I stream doesn't have the super cool heavy bass sound. I'm not sure if the newer android phones and the HTC Windows Phones allow beats with streaming music or not.

TofuDelight

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
The 920 will have HAAC Rich recording. I wonder how the 8X will compare.

Also curious about the Beats headphones vs the wireless Purity headphones, although I suspect they are both more fashion than function.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Also curious about the Beats headphones vs the wireless Purity headphones, although I suspect they are both more fashion than function.

Beats used to be made by Monster, i read that Beats & Monster had parted ways, but not sure if thats happened yet, but Purity are made by monster, so the performance could be very similar.

thirdsun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
What would impress me waaaaay more than "beats" or "dolby" or any other branding would be an option for a true line-level out. There's a reason my home stereo receiver cost $400, there's a reason why I upgraded my car stereo. The processing on those machines will always be superior IMO. Let me use them properly!

-R

Finally someone who doesn't fall for that Beats crap, which basically is an eq setting and a lot of marketing. It's more important to have solid, clean and flat audio conversion and signal path. The iphone always handled this quite well, and I hope I don't have make any trade offs when I'll get my first Lumia this fall. Didn't find any Info on the used DAC unfortunately.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
When I first saw the HTC 8x I was like I really like it. That was going to be my next phone. But then I started reading about the 920 and quickly fell in love with it. Beats is mostly software equalizer settings. However, the 8x also is supposed to have a built in amp for the speaker. But, now days, most of the music I listen to does not use a lot of bass. I'm more interested in crystal clear sound with good mid-range sound. I think that the dolby solution that Nokia is using is going to work best for me.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft should just integrate an equaliser and be done with it. Doesn't matter if HTC puts in a dedicated chip, since Beats is about blasting the bass rather than achieving great sound quality.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Be it Dolby, Beats or straight line. You can enhance sound a lot more by choosing a decent headset.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I hope Nokia delivers on the audio part, the 800 has bad quality while their Symbian offerings where way better! This could be related to the soc they use me thinks..

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
beats are over rated just like bose... everyone i know that bought beats headphones had issues with them.

i prefer sennheiser... all the beats on htc are.... "marketing".

although they havent compared to one another yet... so it could go either way. in the end though, i seriously doubt there will be a noticable difference. so i wouldnt base my decision on that. :p

I can't speak to Bose headsets, as I also prefer sennheiser to anything else that's even remotely affordable, (high-end tastes and low-end budget FML) but the wave radio is NOT overrated.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3