Surface Phone vs OEMs. Then the real game begins...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I am actually quite impressed with Surface. And if MS were to release an MS Surface Phone....WHOA!!!

Then the real mental wrangle will begin...

They will put in it all the muscle power they have and come up with one gem of a device..

So I wanted to ask...would your loyalties change towards ur preferred OEMs??

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Ultimately, I will choose whatever device if feel is the best for me - at the right price. If MS delivered the Surface magic with a Wp8 phone then it would happen. I have to say though... Microsoft really don't need to light another fire under the OEM's arses when it comes to phones - Samsung, Nokia, and HTC are already really bringing it. :)

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
isn't the Windows phone 8X/8S made by MS and HTC? Wouldn't that mean that it's MS's flagship phone. but isn't the 920 is flagship Windows phone 8 device?

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I am actually quite impressed with Surface. And if MS were to release an MS Surface Phone....WHOA!!!

Then the real mental wrangle will begin...

They will put in it all the muscle power they have and come up with one gem of a device..

So I wanted to ask...would your loyalties change towards ur preferred OEMs??

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
There would be no mental wrangling for this kid. Give me a Surface Phone - now.

Sight unseen.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Surface would be like the google nexus. A pure WP device.

If anything it would be worse software wise than all the OEMs, as I doubt Microsoft could have exclusives on their own phone.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
A Surface phone will not happen if the OEMs bring their A game, which they are. Surface was born out of necessity, as the PC OEMs weren't bringing their A game and still bringing the same old same old. I will also note that all the WPs have the same UI anyway unlike Android and its millions of skins,thus there isn't a need for such a device.

Still, even if such a phone exists, I am sticking to Nokia for their extras.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I doubt we will see a Surface Phone MS has invested too much into their partnership with phone companies to do that. The reason they had to do it in the tablet space was have you seen the past tablets OEM's made for Windows? They look like garbage from 10 years ago. And then they would probably try to sell them for $1000 or more again thus cementing MS tablet failure yet again. After years of being unable to push a tablet system even before Apple announces the iPad MS has had enough they have too much invested in the Windows 8 system to leave it to a bunch of OEM companies who managed to do nothing but screw up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12