Question about HTC signature Wp's and Nokia Lumia devices

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys. I got a question is HTC the Wp version of the Nexus and Nokia is like the Moto OEM.

Nokia is Windows phone only. only while Motorola is Android only. Similarities? they both have strong relationships with Big Companies. Nokia = Microsoft and Motorola = Google

HTC and the Nexus. HTC has the signature Windows phone device. meaning it has the Windows phone branding a the front calling it the Windows phone 8X/8S and it;s designed from MS and HTC together. is it basically the Nexus of Windows phone. But Nexus is clearly from Samsung (Changing though) the Nexus name has the Nexus name on the product. Similarities? Samsung and HTC both use Google or Microsoft designed Phones (yes MS also designed the 8X and the 8S) and they both have names from their strong company alliance. Get what I mean now

So yea. Is Nokia the Motorola of Windows phone and is HTC's Windows phones the Wp version of the Nexus's?

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't put it that way as the Nexus brand goes to different OEMs each time anyway and this is the first time Microsoft has said anything about a Signature phone.

Also, Nokia, despite having quite a number of ex-MS staff, isn't a MS division, so they aren't the Motorola equal of MS either.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't give a **** about these OEMS. They need all of them to sell their phones. IF you think they care about one more than the other you are ignorant.

The lumia will easily outsell the 8X/8S though.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be so quick as to claim the 920 will outsell the 8X, especially if the 920 is expensive and limited edition. In the USA, Nokia is a long dead brand, while HTC remains current, as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12