I was curious if i will be able to have apps like i do for google+ ( which i love and use constantly ). I know google is android so i wasnt sure if they will branch out to wp8 or not. Does anyone know the answer to this?
    09-22-2012 11:10 AM
    I have the same question, especially the wallet since 920 has the NFC.
    09-22-2012 01:32 PM
    I was curious if i will be able to have apps like i do for google+ ( which i love and use constantly ). I know google is android so i wasnt sure if they will branch out to wp8 or not. Does anyone know the answer to this?
    I would think the likelihood is good for Google+ integration. Not that I know for sure, but iOS has a Google+ app, why wouldn't WP8?
    09-22-2012 02:37 PM
    Depends if theres an API for these google services.

I cant see Google caring about WP at all, so the only hope will be 3rd parties.
    09-22-2012 02:59 PM
    The real story here is that we found someone who actually uses Google + often.
    brmiller1976 and selfcreation like this.
    09-22-2012 03:16 PM
    I don't use google+, but google wallet is useful
    09-22-2012 03:18 PM
    I don't use google+, but google wallet is useful
    But isn't Google Wallet virtually the same thing as the Wallet used in WP8?
    brmiller1976 and selfcreation like this.
    09-22-2012 03:22 PM
    don't know about that. Never used a WP, but waiting for the 920. Hopefully the wallet offers similar functionality.
    09-23-2012 01:10 AM
    The thing is, will Google actually care enough to give WP users the Google apps? Keep in mind that MS and Google are in direct competition over many things, from search to email to phones. So it's hard to say.
    09-23-2012 01:14 AM
    I use g+ regularly and was wondering the same thing. I would think that Google would be more apt to work with wp than apple seeing as how Microsoft is not currently trying to destroy their mobile market through litigation and they made an official app for ios. So I would think it is safe to say there will be one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    09-23-2012 01:18 AM
    I use it a lot as well and am confident that there will be an official app for it.
    G+ is good, its facebook done right without the spam
    09-23-2012 01:46 AM
    I didn't think anyone actually used google+ (not bashing)
    09-23-2012 03:27 AM
    I don't use it as much for a social network as I do a source of interesting stories and news. Just set your feed to "what's hot" and see what's going on in the world.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    09-23-2012 11:02 AM
    Last I knew Google hasn't released a true API for Google+ so devs are not able to create a app for it. It's all in Google's court. I was unaware of a Google+ app for iOS.
    09-24-2012 12:03 AM
    I thought there was mention of a ipad app on g+ a few weeks ago, I assumed they covered the phones too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    09-24-2012 12:04 AM
    Google has actively sabotaged WP (and Windows in general) at every opportunity, including blocking MS from access to YouTube. I doubt they're suddenly going to change their tune (unless WP takes up enough market share to risk loss to competing Microsoft services).

Google had a long-time ban on Windows PCs at their HQ, mandating either Linux machines or Macs, until there was an employee groundswell requiring them to appear on campus. It's an ideological thing over there.

In general, I recommend that Google users migrate to Microsoft services if they're considering a Windows infrastructure. Hotmail/Outlook.com is better than Gmail, Hotmail calendar and contacts work better than their Google counterparts, and you can trust Microsoft not to sell your email contents to advertisers as keywords.
    09-24-2012 12:11 AM
    I didn't think anyone actually used google+ (not bashing)
    I briefly tried Google+. Nobody ever bothered to post in it, so I deleted my Google+ account.
    09-24-2012 12:15 AM
    Google has actively sabotaged WP (and Windows in general) at every opportunity, including blocking MS from access to YouTube. I doubt they're suddenly going to change their tune (unless WP takes up enough market share to risk loss to competing Microsoft services).

Google had a long-time ban on Windows PCs at their HQ, mandating either Linux machines or Macs, until there was an employee groundswell requiring them to appear on campus. It's an ideological thing over there.

In general, I recommend that Google users migrate to Microsoft services if they're considering a Windows infrastructure. Hotmail/Outlook.com is better than Gmail, Hotmail calendar and contacts work better than their Google counterparts, and you can trust Microsoft not to sell your email contents to advertisers as keywords.
    I do run Linux as much as I run Windows on the desktop. I'm actually posting here via Firefox in Linux.

I have no idea what you mean wrt YouTube blocked from access in Windows. YouTube has always worked fine for me in Windows.

If one uses a desktop email client that is not Windows-based, Gmail is better than Hotmail/Outlook.com. Gmail supports IMAP in all email clients. When I run Linux, I use the Evolution email client; Hotmail/Outlook.com only supports POP3 in Evolution. Therefore, I prefer Gmail.

Yes, I also have desktop Outlook 2010. However, I probably spend as much or even more time running desktop Linux than I do running desktop Windows.
    09-24-2012 12:21 AM
    I do run Linux as much as I run Windows on the desktop. I'm actually posting here via Firefox in Linux.

I have no idea what you mean wrt YouTube blocked from access in Windows. YouTube has always worked fine for me in Windows.
    hes talking about windows phone, not windows for desktop
    09-24-2012 12:55 AM
    hes talking about windows phone, not windows for desktop
    YouTube works just fine on Windows Phone 7.5. Therefore, I am still confused.
    09-24-2012 01:50 AM
    YouTube works just fine on Windows Phone 7.5. Therefore, I am still confused.
    Check out the official youtube app on iOS or android then compare it to WP7.5. They wont allow Microsoft to make a high quality youtube app, that why it directs you to m.youtube.com, so yes youtube works but its lacking compared to other phones.
    09-25-2012 01:08 AM
    WP requires you to Download a *feature* for YouTube... its not an actual app.

and WP has 1 or 2 very good YouTube 3rd party apps like Super Tube and what not
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-25-2012 01:14 AM
    WP requires you to Download a *feature* for YouTube... its not an actual app.

and WP has 1 or 2 very good YouTube 3rd party apps like Super Tube and what not
    I have Super Tube, Prime Tube and Metro Tube. They all are excellent.
    selfcreation likes this.
    09-25-2012 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD