HTC front and center at microsoft.com...Nokia not shown

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
...and Nokia not to be seen on either site. I'm glad to see an HTC product promoted, but I really don't like how Nokia is being excluded from Microsoft's promotion. Microsoft should be promoting BOTH. One advantage of WP8 over iPhone is that you get a choice in hardware; it's not one model for everyone. It would be better if Microsoft was promoting both Nokia and HTC (and even Samsung) instead of just HTC.

WinPhone_HTC8SX_0917_800x470_EN-US.jpg

Microsoft Corporation: Software, Smartphones, Online, Games, Cloud Computing, IT Business Technology, Downloads

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
it's just the latest devices announced. that's it. Also MS and HTC worked together for those phones. Nokia did it on their own

gzlesk

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Well if anyone it should be Nokia, but it should atleast be both. Nokia is microsofts key OEM. If it wasnt for Nokia, the windows phone battle would of been lost 6 months ago.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Uh...that's because HTC just showed them this past week. They had Nokia's on the front of the page when they had their presser.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
That is what I thought. the Windows phone 8X/8S are MS's Nexus and Nokia is basically MS's Motorola
I wouldn't go that far. Microsoft wants HTC to succeed (it's good for the platform) as a company. Competition with the likes of Apple and Samsung (and even Nokia) is good. With HTCs current state of affairs, I am sure they made some commitments to Microsoft, and in return they will get support. Nokia seems to be doing just fine on their own, but don't think for a moment that Microsoft has forgotten who their #1 is.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Oddly enough, Microsoft's page is updated to show the latest news.

I'm sure when Nokia gets around to announcing actual pricing, availability and carriers for the Lumia Vaporware series, they'll get back on Microsoft's front page again. :D

gzlesk

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't go that far. Microsoft wants HTC to succeed (it's good for the platform) as a company. Competition with the likes of Apple and Samsung (and even Nokia) is good. With HTCs current state of affairs, I am sure they made some commitments to Microsoft, and in return they will get support. Nokia seems to be doing just fine on their own, but don't think for a moment that Microsoft has forgotten who their #1 is.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
You really think Nokias doing just fine on their own. Why does everyone say HTC has such bad financial probelms. In the last quarter HTC made $852 million dollars. Nokia lost $500 million. So yeah HTC has financial problems and HTC needs help my ***

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
They probably figure that HTC needs the marketing and Nokia not so much. Samsung needs it the least, so I say their marketing guys are doing the right thing here.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Oddly enough, Microsoft's page is updated to show the latest news.

I'm sure when Nokia gets around to announcing actual pricing, availability and carriers for the Lumia Vaporware series, they'll get back on Microsoft's front page again. :D

How can a physical object be vaporware? And we know just as mch about the 920 as the 8x

Posted from My Mobile App

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
looking at the S version of the HTC and I'm pretty sure MS had a hand in that. If anyone remembers the Zune HD. I think its good strategy on Microsofts part to back away from Nokia a bit and show the same love to other partners. I hope Samsung see's the creative phones that are coming out for WP8 and upgrades the looks for their next WP.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
looking at the S version of the HTC and I'm pretty sure MS had a hand in that. If anyone remembers the Zune HD. I think its good strategy on Microsofts part to back away from Nokia a bit and show the same love to other partners. I hope Samsung see's the creative phones that are coming out for WP8 and upgrades the looks for their next WP.

The Lumia 920 looks just like the Lumia 900. The HTC 8x looks just like the Nokia Lumia 920......

The Ativ S looks like a low rider with chrome spinning wheels and some crazy chrome front grill. You may not like the look(neither do I), but it is probably the most creative with the flashy speaker grill and over designed home button. It also has a curved display and is brushed aluminum.

Now that I think of it, it seems like Microsoft had a hand in this because normally Samsung is very subtle about their designs while the Ativ S seems brash North American all the way.

Last edited:

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The 8X looks like the Lumia after losing 50 pounds and working out for 24 months, five hours a day, to get a nice sexy six-pack where it used to have a giant gut. :D

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't pass judgment like this until we see the 8X on the hotmail/skydrive logon screens (right now the lumia900 is there, used to be Samsung focus).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6