It will be interesting to see of all of the iPhone 5 issues lead to people switching

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like there are a ton of issues with the new iPhone, and people do t sound happy about it. Well, except for all of the Apple ****** apologists (THE GD EMPEROR IS NAKED, why don't they see that? Goofballs!), who are insisting the phone is fine, and Apple "will take care if this for us."

If I paid $250-450 for a phone, I would be pretty angry if it came chipped out if the box, couldn't connect to wifi or lost a signal if it sat on my leg. And yet, people aren't all that angry it seems.

At any rate, it will be interesting to see how this affects WP8 adoption. Or the Samsung G4 due in Feb.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't it the iphone 4 that had the antenna issues that meant you had to hold it a certain way? That didn't stop people buying it and I think the issues with 5 won't make that much of a difference either - they don't call them isheep for nothing you know;)

addman

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I also couldn't help myself so I ordered a Lumia 610 yesterday from an online retailer. It was dirtcheap, only 139? unlocked! Thought I'd get it just so I could familiarize myself with WP. I'll just give it to my girlfriend when the "real" WP8 handsets starts popping over here. She'll be thrilled when she'll get it considering the pretty low-end Nokia she has at the moment.:D I'm so clever...:cool:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Wasn't it the iphone 4 that had the antenna issues that meant you had to hold it a certain way? That didn't stop people buying it and I think the issues with 5 won't make that much of a difference either - they don't call them isheep for nothing you know;)

Kinda agree with this, also the iPhone 5 will be behind all the WP8s coming out yet people will still buy it, kinda sad when you think about it.

DarkMatterNic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Same as always, but some small changes

Yes, that will be interesting. See, no matter how small and minute changes Apple makes. They basically own hardcore fans that will dive into the Apple propaganda year after year no matter what. And as usual, that will be the bulk of the first and second waves we'll see in Iphone sales. What's interesting this time around, is that some of them are beginning to wonder if what's being told to them is really true. They're beginning to accept the fact that even though the Iphone 5 might be the best Iphone ever, it is not necessarily the best cell phone ever.

These are the iconic features they used to look up to when encoutering their Android counter parts:

1) The size of the Iphone 4 has been proven to be the best based on human anatomy.
So, unless we have muted and have developed longer fingers, they can no longer use this in an argument. Others might even feel that apple just turned its back on Job's core philosophies.

2) The best screen ever. Well, that's no longer the ase

3) Iphone screen and back made of glass show a superior level of engineering and class. Well, they're now using aluminum. So now what?

In short, all features that were used to describe all that made the Iphone a magical device are quickly being surpased by the competition. If they don't turn around quick to what made them the great sucess they still are, they will loose themselves into the money machine they're now.

Big mistakes this time around:

1) Not adopting NFC. Imagine your self going into your vehicle and simply pairing your phone to your car by simply placing it in a certain area of the vehicle.

2) Wireless charging. The place in which you place your phone in your vehicle is also a wireless charging station. How about buses, train, bus stations, restaurans, planes? The benefits of wireless stations is pretty much endless.

3) Micro USB. Despite how much of a hardcore fans are, they have to see that developing a brand new cable/adapter to power and sync your phone to a PC is an extra source of income. Yes, an adapter to use Micro USB was needed regardless for older units, but standardizing this connection on the phone would have been cheaper for the users in the end as you pretty much borrow these cables from onyone, even the competition.

Apologies for the long read, but I hope I wasn't way off point. Here is to future great competitions between all Phone EOM's which translate on cheaper and better phones for everyone. Thanks!

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The short answer is likely to be no.

I suggested over on crack berry and I will suggest it here - we need a slash fiction forum for people obsessed with the iPhone a place to get it out of their system.

Really all of those "what if the apple fails in this way" are a loser's way of looking at the world, we should be hearing about how WP is better and unique, not crying and looking for table scraps.

Go big or go home.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

I suggested over on crack berry and I will suggest it here - we need a slash fiction forum for people obsessed with the iPhone a place to get it out of their system.

Really all of those "what if the apple fails in this way" are a loser's way of looking at the world, we should be hearing about how WP is better and unique, not crying and looking for table scraps.

Go big or go home.

Of course they are gonna be people switching to Wp8. I know 30 people who are switching to Wp8 it's just my classmates alone. I'm quite popular so I know A lot of people :D

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Go big or go home.
Amen to that.

Neither Android or iOS users are going to magically get irritated and move to WP8. It is unrealistic. The thing is building through great devices and keeping Nokia alive. WP8 will build off the good reviews and good reputation of WP 7. The next wave of WP 8 devices (Spring/Summer) need to build off of the WP8 launch. If we make WP 8 successful to the tune of 10%-15% of smart phone sales, then a greater group of Android and iOS users will consider it. Microsoft needs to put out a great OS, Nokia, HTC, Samsung, ZTE, and all the other manufacturers need to put out great devices.

We will get there. But iPhone 5 users will not even blink at these problems, most of which are a small percentage of the handsets.

gzlesk

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I heard some fans said the scratches and nics on the device was a feature. Seriously? A feature, what moron would think it was a feature. Without Steve Jobs apple is quickly going to just become another phone maker

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
It has an Apple logo. That's all most of them care about. It could be a 1980s brick and they'll buy it because of the Apple logo and whatever stupid reason Apple tells them why it is that big.

Brand loyalty is the biggest thing to overcome.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
The true iSheep will use it because it's all they know. You have to prove to them that there's something they're missing and you have to make it trendy to convince them. That's a tough challenge, because making it trendy is very difficult.

That said, there WILL be people who think more rationally that will make great targets if we can prove they can do what they want to do.

Have fun this holiday season with whatever phone you get! :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There are issues with every phone OS. The problem with people switching is they tend to want things to work how they are use to it working. People like familiarity.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Apple isn't popular only because of the hard-core fans... they're also "the safe choice."

Ironically, it's the inverse of the situation in the 1990s, when Apple was the weirdo risky choice that may or may not get support, while Windows was the safe choice that everyone else went with.

Windows 9X sucked HARD (even compared to Mac OS 8/9), but people bought it anyway. Not because it was better (or even decent), but because it was "safe."

The iPhone is the "safe" phone. Every carrier supports it (to some degree). The most popular apps are on it first. Many other people who you might know own one, so you won't have the "oddball" phone. And you can be certain to find most of what you're looking for in terms of connectors, etc. with it.

The "safe" phone before the iPhone was the BlackBerry, and it took Apple almost four years to kill off BB as the "safe" option. Windows Phone isn't going to push Apple out of the "safe" category overnight. It will have to earn every point of share.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm sad to say this was from some of the girls I went to High School with. I'm almost embarrassed to admit I went to school with them. lol.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I heard that the latest iPhone is called the "iPhone 5" to indicate the minimum number of scratches and chips that will be on the device out of the box. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz